Powerful Outlook Add-ins

Service Support Forum for DS Development Add-ins and Utilities
It is currently Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:54 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Error during download
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 12:51 am 

I didn't have any problems with easy mail merge until I purchased it. I cannot preview my mailing because of the Error: Invalid property name at "$" so I uninstalled and reinstalled and received an error during installation of
Error: C:\Programfiles\DSDevelopment\easymailmerge\EMMAddin.dll failed to register. HRESULT-2147220453. Contact your support personnel.

Is the download error the reason for the other error and how does it get corrected?
Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 8:45 am 
Site Admin

Hi,

The preview error is generated because you didn't double the "$" character. If you wish to insert in the body of the email the "$" character (for example in front of a sum: $10) you need to type two "$$" characters (for example: $$10) otherwise it will be interpreted as a beginning of a script and generate an error.

Related to the second error can you please tell us did you install the program using an administrator account?

When installing/uninstalling Easy Mail Merge, Outlook must be closed so the add-in can be installed without any problems.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 8:25 pm 

I am not using the $ sign in the text of the email other than where I want the first name field to appear.

The second error, administrator account? I do not understand unless you are talking about being the administrator on my computer, which I do not have it configured that way. I had downloaded the trial version of easy mail merge and had no problems. Then I bought it on 2/09/06 and had the first error.
When I uninstalled and reinstalled I did not have to enter my confirmation number, I found that odd.

On my laptop which still has the trial version I was able to send the email with no error.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 10:57 am 
Site Admin

Hi,

Please uninstall the current version of Easy Mail Merge that you may have installed and then install it again but from a Windows administrator account. Also please make sure that Outlook is not running when you install or uninstall Easy Mail Merge.