Powerful Outlook Add-ins

Service Support Forum for DS Development Add-ins and Utilities
It is currently Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:30 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 10:10 am 
Site Admin

According to our tests, the latest version of Bells & Whistles for Outlook works with the vast majority of 3rd party software.

No problems were found when testing on Windows systems running:
- any popular antivirus software;
- any popular anti-spy or anti-spam software;
- any stand-alone Windows application;
- most of 3rd party Outlook add-ins and add-ons, including Gettings Things Done (GTD), Plaxo, YouPerform or Sperry Software add-ins, MapiLab products, Nelson Organizer, search enhancement programs (eg. Lookout), Addins4Outlook products and many others.

Compatibility problems were found with 3rd party Outlook add-ins that modify the default Outlook mailbox views by overwriting them with custom forms, such as PlanPlus.

Also, due to our licensing and registration engine, Bells & Whistles for Outlook will refuse to start if memory debuggers are running while starting Outlook.

Regards
The DS Development Team

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 10:00 pm 
I use the Incredimail for Outlook Addin, and after installing Bells & Whistles for Outlook, the Incredimail suffered functionality problems. My first thought was to reinstall Incredimail, to no avail. Finally, I uninstalled Bells & Whistles, and all Incredimail functionality was restored. It would be beneficial for this situation to be rectified in a newer version of Bells & Whistles. Thank you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 12:07 pm 

Bogdan:

I'm using Avast virus detection and SpamCatcher (Allume) with Outlook. I'm also using VBA and make a call on 'Application_ItemSend'.

This combination with B&W wasn't happy and not much was working. It seemed to me that B&W may incompatible with VBA but I haven't fully tested this. WHat I do know is that I can have Avast, SpamCatcher and VBA working together.

Is B&W caompatible with user calls to Application_ItemSend in VBA as far as you know?

Are there any know incompatibilities between B&W and either Avast or SpamCatcher?

--Greg

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 12:01 pm 

Bogdan:

I can confirm that Bells and Whistles does work ithe Outlook and other addins. I'mn using SpamCathcher from Allume Software (formerly Aladdin), VBA (my own code), Microsoft's Backup utility and Avast's virus detection.

I think my original question arose because I added so much in one go.

I'm looking forward to the new update coming out soon. :-)

--Greg

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 11:28 am 
Site Admin

There is an add-in conflict between ShareO and Bells & Whlistles. If you wish to use Bells & Whistles correctly please disable or uninstall ShareO Add-in.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 3:18 pm 

Are you aware if the problem with PlanPlus has been resolved? I currently use PlanPlus but I hesitate to purchase your software if there is a known unresolved problem.

Thank you
tcmh