Powerful Outlook Add-ins

Service Support Forum for DS Development Add-ins and Utilities
It is currently Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:26 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:40 pm 

Hello:

All of a sudden, probably caused by a recent automatic update, as of yesterday the Bells & Whistles plug-in is causing Outlook not to be able to reply to emails. When I click send to reply to emails the email is not sent, and instead it just gets saved in the Drafts folder without closing. I have been able to determine that it is indeed Bells & Whistles that is causing this issue by testing disabling and enabling the plugin.

I need an urgent fix to be able to continue my work uninterrupted.

Thanks.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:28 am 
Site Admin

Hi,

That is indeed strange... Can you please let us know the exact Outlook version you are using, so we can test & hopefully replicate the problem? We need the full Outlook version number (the one displayed on the About Microsoft Outlook window from the Help menu).

Also, do you recall any recent changes you've done on your Outlook? Like installing updates or new Outlook add-ins? There might be a conflict with a 3rd party Outlook add-in...

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:37 pm 

Here is the information you are requesting:

Bells & Whistles version: 3.0.175.0
Bells & Whistles path: C:\Program Files\DS Development\Bells and Whistles for Outlook

OS version: Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
Outlook version: 11.0.0.6568
MS Word Editor: Yes
Microsoft Exchange Server: Yes

This issue has nothing to do with any other add-in or plug-in because I have dissabled and removed all other add-ins and plug-ins and the problem persist. If I enable all the other add-ins and plugins I use and disable Bells & Whistles, the problem goes away. I have already determined it is a Bells & Whistles issue.

I appreciate you reply and will be very thankful if you could help me. I have sent a support request almost a week ago and have received no news.

Thanks!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 7:31 am 
Site Admin

Have you tried to uninstall Bells & Whistles, then reinstall it?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:28 pm 

Thanks for your reply.

I have un-installed and re-installed countless times with the original and then with a new downloaded install exe file. The problem persists and is definitely related to Bells&Whistles alone. If I un-install or simply disactivate Bells&Whistles then the problem goes away. The moment I re-activate Bells&Whistles it comes back.

I am in urgent need of a solution and would appreciate your help.

Thanks.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 7:04 pm 
Site Admin

Can you please try by setting up Outlook to use its internal email editor, instead of Word? Does it make any difference? You can setup Outlook to use its internal email editor by going to your Outlook Tools menu -> Options -> Mail Setup -> unmark the option to use MS Word as your email editor.

Also, can you please email me (bogdan@emailaddressmanager.com) the B&W options file? Maybe we can find something wrong there that is causing this problem. The options file can be located in your AppData folder (C:\Documents and Settings\YOUR_USER_ACCOUNT_NAME\AppData\Roaming\DS Development\bw - take the options.xml file and the HTML Templates folder and attach them to an email to me). Thank you.

Plus, does the problem occur on all outgoing emails OR does it work fine when you create a new email (not a reply/forward, but a new one)?

I am sure we can fix this issue, but we need to figure out what exactly is causing it...

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 7:36 pm 

Hi Thanks. I just sent you the email with the files. Here is a copy:

Hello Admin and Andrew:

I tested as you requested using Outlook as the internal email editor instead of Word. I changed this in both boxes: “…to edit e-mail messages” and “…to read Rich Text e-mail messages”. However the problem persists equally.

In regards to the options file you request below, the path I foiund it at is somewhat different than you indicate, and I found it in two paths as follows:

First path (probably not the valid one and perhaps left over from a previous installation):

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\DS Development\BW

Inside this BW directory there is only one file named Id.dat

And

Second path (must be the valid one, as I meant to install the program just for my use):

C:\Documents and Settings\antonio\Application Data\DS Development\bw

There are several files here, and I am attaching to this email the ones you have requested below: options.xml and the HTMLTemplates.rar (I had to compress the HTMLTemplates folder in order to email it)

In regards to your last question:

The issue occurs only in trying to reply to emails. I can still forward any emails with no problem, and I can create new emails with no problems. Just replying does not work, and as mentioned earlier when I click send to reply to emails the email is not sent - instead it just gets saved in the Drafts folder without closing.

I look forward to receiving a prompt solution. If you have any questions to help you figure this out please do not hesitate.

Thanks,