Powerful Outlook Add-ins

Service Support Forum for DS Development Add-ins and Utilities
It is currently Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:04 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Extracting from BCC
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 3:10 pm 

I am posting this here in the hope that I get a quicker reply that from email support :? ...

I have a number of emails that I sent. They have email addresses in the BCC field. I heed to extract them because we had a system failure and this is the only reliable source. The addresses are in the format a) someone@somewhere or b) 'familiar name'<someone@somewhere> I have copied the relevant mails to a test folder so I know that I am working with exactly what I want. No matter what I do it does not recognise the addresses. I attach on of the mails for you to examine.

I bought the software specifically for this, please tell me how to make it work

Thank you

Post subject: Re: Extracting from BCC
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 10:36 am 

Hi,

I have responded to your email, you probably haven't received it.
As I said, in the message that you have sent me there is no bcc field from which to extract.

Kind regards.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 7:02 am 

Dear Andra,

I did not receive an email, nor is it in my junk & spam folders so who knows where it went.

The file that I senr certainly has addresses in the BCC filed, about 100 which seems to be MS Outlook's limi - I have checked the original email attachment. I am wondering if Outlook has done something clever and recognised that the attached file is an outlook mail and has BCC addresses and therefore has omitted them. So I am not sure how to send you the file... I thought I could attach a a file here but can't find how.

This was a very urgent need and I thought your prodcut would help me but, so far, everything has not worked and the responses have been slow (in fact I don't have a reply to my email). So it is very dissappointing. Please can you help me now?

I will resend the email but don't know how to force Outlook to send the BCC fileds in a attachment therefore I will send a screen shot so that you can see that there are addresses in the BCC field. What I have discovered is that if I export my sent mail to CSV I do get the email addresses resolved so I may have found a way round my problem in the short term. However it would be nice to make your tool work since export doesn't allow selected items only the whole folder, which in my case is large.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 7:56 am 

Hi,

I have resent the email and I have also added a couple of things. I'm sorry, it seems I misunderstood the situation. Email Address Collector can extract addresses from the BCC field only if the field exists. In conclusion the email has to be sent by you. Email Address Collector cannot extract addresses from the BCC field of received files, because the is not visible, it doesn't exist.

Kind regards.