Powerful Outlook Add-ins

Service Support Forum for DS Development Add-ins and Utilities
It is currently Wed Oct 16, 2019 2:30 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 12:03 pm 
Site Admin

If the Easy Mail Merge toolbar does not appear in your Outlook main menu then here is the solution.

Right click on the tool bar and check if Easy Mail Merge is checked among the visible tools. If it is not among the items to chose from then Check if Easy Mail Merge is disabled. To do this go to Outlook->Help->About Microsoft Office Outlook and press the Disabled Items button. If Easy Mail Merge is on the list then select it and press Activate button.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 5:37 am 

Hello,

I am running Microsoft Outlook 2003 SP1.

Easy mail merge works up until a point. When I am authoring the email message, if I click to another window (e.g. Microsoft Word or even another Outlook window or the desktop, so the authoring window loses focus) , when I return the focus to the authoring window, the Easy mail merge toolbar is GONE from that window.

I can go to the Toolbar menu for that window and see that the Easy mail merge toolbar is un-checked. If I then re-check it, the toolbar does reappear. HOWEVER, after it reappears none of the buttons on the toolbar do anything.

The only way I can use the product is if I go through the wizard, select my contacts, author the message (without ever clicking outside of the window) and immediately click send. If I lose focus on the window in anyway, the toolbar disappears and I have to start the wizard over again.

Please help me fix this problem!

Thank you,

Drew

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 7:34 am 
Site Admin

What 3rd party Outlook add-ins are you using, except for Easy Mail Merge?

Also, did you setup Outlook to use MS Word to compose emails?

--------------
http://www.outlook-apps.com

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 3:47 am 

I am having precisely the same problem. I'm using the following 3rd party Outlook products, as far as I can tell / remember. I was not having this problem until recently.

eyecall (whatever that is)
AVG
itunes (apparently)
OggsyncOutlook (pretty sure I was having problem before this one was installed)

How can I tell what else?

Thanks

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 12:01 pm 

Hi,

Did this problem occur after you have installed a certain add-in or after you have changed any Outlook settings?
Have you tried right-clicking the toolbar ? Is Easy Mail Merge listed there?
Please go to Help->About MS Outlook->Disabled Items and see if Easy Mail Merge is listed there. If so ,please select it and click Enable.
Also , please make sure that the options "Use MS Word to edit email messages" and "Use MS Word to read Rich Text email messages" are not checked. You can find these options in Tools->Options->Mail Format.

Kind regards.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 9:06 am 

Unfortunately I cannot recall which add in I installed that has resulted in the problem. A vague memory is that it may be related to AVG free version.

The toolbar is listed, and while selecting it makes it appear, the buttons don't do anything. As for MS Word, I have had these options checked for some time, and have grown accustomed to the familiar interface. In the past, there has been no conflict.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 10:16 am 

Hi,

Most likely the problem is caused by the fact that those two options are checked. Please uncheck them in order for Easy Mail Merge to work properly.

Kind regards.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 9:01 am 

Well, this seems to have worked! I will miss the familiar interface and options.

Thanks

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 4:23 am 

Hey, Adran

im getting the same problem as when using easy mail merge when jumping to ms word i loosed the bar to insert preview send etc...

i can reload the bar but the buttons dont work. i have check all option you have previously talked about. and have disable all addons apart from easy mail merge. use ms word to read rich & plain text.

do you have any other information that could help me trouble shoot as we send out mail for almost 2000 per month and we finding it very diffcult to mail out when software is half working properly. we need to copy text and subject in one letter thant start mail merge wiz so link our csv contact list then insert mapped feil on to document cut topic and paste to subject.

any advice?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 4:32 am 
Site Admin

Please make sure you are using the latest version of Easy Mail Merge. Here is the direct download link: http://www.emailaddressmanager.com/mail-merge.exe