Powerful Outlook Add-ins

Service Support Forum for DS Development Add-ins and Utilities
It is currently Sat Oct 19, 2019 2:23 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 9:22 pm 

Hi,

I am a registered B&W 3 user (of about 1 week). Upon installing the program about 1 week ago on my Dell non-networked PC (1 GB RAM, 2.26GH CPU) running Windows XP Home SP2 (Build 2600), I had problems with the B&W toolbar not appearing someties when OL2000 (Ver. 9.0.0.2711) IMO, opened. The only other COMAddins that are "True" are Microsoft VbaAddinForOutlook.1 and Microsoft.OutlookBackup.1. I am not running MS Word Editor or Microsoft Exchange Server.

Today I FINALLY discovered that if a utility called DiskMon for Windows is running when OL2000 is started, the B&W toolbar will not appear (and DiskMon will crash) leaving OL2000 running sans the B&W toolbar (right clicking to show the available OL toolbars reveals B&W is NOT available to select). However, after closing OL2000 and then opening OL2000 in that same Windows session, the B&W toolbar WILL appear in OL2000 (this I believe is because DiskMon is no longer running, having been "deep sixed" when OL (with B&W) previously opened).

DiskMon was created by Sysinternals software, which was recently acquired by Microsoft. It's "an application that logs and displays all hard disk activity on a Windows system. You can also minimize DiskMon to your system tray where it acts as a disk light, presenting a green icon when there is disk-read activity and a red icon when there is disk-write activity." DiskMon is a nifty utility and I love it but I also like B&W. DiskMon's webpage URL on Microsoft's website is:

<http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sysinternals/FileAndDisk/Diskmon.mspx>

My question is: Is there a way to be able to run DiskMon and also B&W as in add-in for OL2000, or do I have to choose between the two programs, like the two women fighting over a baby when King Solomon gave each a chance to save the baby by letting the other woman keep it? Norman

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:05 pm 

Hi,

It's a conflict between our license protection system and DiskMon. When our product starts it verifies all programs to see if there is any that can be in someway harmful. This only happens when the program starts, so, in order to use them both start DiskMon after you start Outlook.

Kind regards.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 2:09 pm 

Thanks for the explanation and work-around suggestion. Norman