Powerful Outlook Add-ins

Service Support Forum for DS Development Add-ins and Utilities
It is currently Tue Dec 10, 2019 12:41 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Outlook crashes
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 5:38 pm 

Outlook crashes when I load Easy Mail Merge works fine when I uninstall it. Happens when I add information to address and then close edit.

Also can't open editor when I try to create an message to be sent

Post subject: Re: Outlook crashes
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 9:26 am 

Hi,

As I understand when Outlook crashes there is no Easy Mail Merge session open. This means that Easy Mail Merge shouldn't be the problem. It does not interfere with Outlook until a session is opened.

You can't open the editor when you are trying to do a mail merge? Make sure that the options "Use MS Word to edit email messages" and "Use MS Word to read rich-text email messages" from Tools->Options->Mail Format are not checked.

Kind regards.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 12:06 am 

I am running windows NT Home

Outlook 2003

When I uninstall Easy Mail merge outlook runs normal and I can do a basic mail merge

When I install Easy Mail merge and run outlook without activating easy mail merge it runs normal

when I activate easy mail merge from the tool bar and select start a session I can access the addresses (Distribution List) I wish to use but when I get to the point of accessing the e-mail editor it shows a untitled- message on the tool bar at bottom of screen but I can't open it. I double click on the draft that is created and it gives me an error message "Can't open this item. A dialog box is open. Close it and try again." At this point Outlook is frozen and I can't close it, move it, open File, View, Tools etc. The only way to close outlook is to reboot the computer. Please help as this is creating a huge delay!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 3:38 pm 

Hello! Is anybody there at Easy Mail Merge. This crashing problem is really getting to be a huge problem. If you can't offer a solution then a refund will do.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 8:03 am 

Hi,

I am really sorry for the late reply. As I understand, after you click the finish button the problem appears. Can you please try to import from another source to see if the same problem occurs? Are the options "Use MS Word to edit email messages" and "Use MS Word to read Rich Text email messages" checked or unchecked? You can find these two options on Tools->Options-> Mail Format.

Kind regards.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 12:06 pm 

<As I understand, after you click the finish button the problem appears.>The problem occurs when I attempt to start the edit of text message or the next step in the process after the successful import of the "Distribution List"

<Can you please try to import from another source to see if the same problem occurs?> Yes it does if I try to import from Excel.

< Are the options "Use MS Word to edit email messages" and "Use MS Word to read Rich Text email messages" checked or unchecked? You can find these two options on Tools->Options-> Mail Format.> Yes! for the third time they are UNCHECKED

Again, when I uninstall Easy Mail Merge all the problems go away. Once Easy Mail Merge causes the Outlook program to lock up and I need to reboot the computer to close OutlooK and any "Untitled Messages" that are on the Start ToolBar.

Can you give me a link to download the EMM program again as it seems that for sure EMM is the problem. I am so far behind in my work it is pathetic

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 11:51 am 

Hi,

You can download Easy Mail Merge directly from http://www.emailaddressmanager.com/mail-merge.exe.

Kind regards.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 5:02 pm 

On the 10th of Aug I completely removed Easy Mail Merge from my system and was able to use Outlook even to doing a mail merge with out your program except that it takes longer.

Today I downloaded a new Easy Mail Merge from the link you provided, installed it and as soon as I set up the Distribution list then hit "Finish" it Locked up my Outlook program and a "Untitled-Message (HTLM) icon appears on the Start Tool bar at the bottom of the screen.

Now what?????????????

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 11:18 pm 

Hi, Bruce... I posted this to my thread, also. Maybe DS Development will get the message and solve their problem! I never had Outlook crash or lock up during an Easy Mail Merge session, but I am still having the same problems: whenever I open and then close any Outlook item (contact, email, appointment, etc.), Outlook crashes.

Easy Mail Merge Support has not offered any solution that worked, so what I am doing is installing EMM when I need it and uninstalling it immediately after. Surely DS Development will come up with something better!

Herb

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 11:35 pm 

Hi Herb,

I also get the same problems that you are having but the locking up is in addition. It happens just after i load the distribution list I need and EMM asks me to move to the edit body text. As soon as i click "finish" it locks outlook to the point of not being able to close the program. It locks so hard that i must reboot from shutting of power instead of using "Start" menu.

What version of outlook are you using? I was at the computer store the other day and asked one of the tech types if there was any benefit to moving up to Outlook 2007 and she said only is i was tired of looking at the old layout in my 2002 version. There has been no functionality change at all.

It ticks me off that they have not resolved this problem as i have heard that a few others have experienced similar problems to yours and mine. I have not been able to send one email to a distribution list yet. Either fix it or refund the cost. Is there anything else out there?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 1:19 am 

There are some other alternatives, like Lite Mail from Spikra.com, and others. What I like about Easy Mail Merge (if it worked without all the problems!) is it being an add-on to Outlook, so my mailings become a part of my contact records. I am using Outlook 2002 at my office, and 2003 at home. I installed EMM at home to try it, and it seemed to be OK... but then I don't use any mail lists from home. I played with it just a little and then uninstalled it. I have thought about changing to 2003 at my office, but haven't had the time or nerve to make the switch yet...

What I would really like is for DS Development to quit denying that EMM causes any problems, solve their problems, and supply a working product.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 2:57 am 

maybe I can upgrade to 2003 and see if that works. Will keep you posted and will also keepn DS to come up with the proper fix.

Thanks Herb

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 10:06 am 

Hi Bruce,

bruce wrote:
I am running windows NT Home

Outlook 2003

bruce wrote:
maybe I can upgrade to 2003 and see if that works

Can you please tell me what version of Outlook are you using exactly?
Also, you say you are running Windows NT. As you probably seen on the page from where you downloaded the product or from Help provided with the product, Easy Mail Merge is compatible with version of Windows starting from Windows 98. To be more exact : Microsoft® Windows 98, Microsoft® Windows Me, Microsoft® Windows 2000, Microsoft® Windows XP, Microsoft® Windows 2003 or Microsoft® Windows Vista. This is most likely to be the reason of your problems.
If you want a refund, please send an email to mailto:support@emailaddressmanager.com with your purchase order id and your license code.

Kind regards.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 1:21 pm 

i am running Outlook 2002 SP3 on Windows XP Home Ver 5.1 SP3

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:01 am 

Hi,

Please send an email to support using the "Contact Service Support" option from the Easy Mail Merge toolbar . This will help us gather information (such as what other add-ins for Outlook you have installed on your computer) that will help us better assist you.

Kind regards.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 12:57 pm 

I have no other options or add-ins on my PC for Outlook but I will send item you requested.

Tried to send the requested item but as soon as I clicked on the support option Outlook locked up and the email to EMM was locked up also and on the Start task bar at bottom of screen

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:07 pm 

Good luck with that, Bruce. They asked me for the same thing, but I got no solution. Only thing it did was take our correspondence off the discussion board. I should have realized this and posted everything for others to follow.

So, maybe you can keep all of us up to date on your case, whether they find a solution or not.

Thanks...

Herb

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 1:39 pm 

Hi,

@bruce - when you will send the email please detail the other problems that you have about Outlook crashing without starting an Easy Mail Merge session.
@herb - I understand that you are upset, but there are people who are using the product without Outlook crashing, so the problem shouldn't be with the Easy Mail Merge. It has probably something to do with the configuration. In your case there is no conflict between the other add-ins and Easy Mail Merge and the product supports the versions of Windows and Outlook. You can try to perform a Detect and Repair for Outlook and see if the problems are resolved.
Also we are not trying to take the discussion of the forum. We just want some information . I will personally keep you up to date on this subject. Until now we haven't received any email from bruce.

Best regards.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 2:21 pm 

When I uninstall Easy Mail Merge I have NO PROBLEMS with Outlook. As soon as I install Easy Mail Merge any time I edit a contact it crashes when I attempt to close the contact window and i get this error message: Microsoft Outlook has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.When I open outlook again it gives me the same message. If I activate Easy Mail Marge using the Outlook view/toolbars menu It starts to lock up when I start the email edit. and the only way I can close is to do a hard reboot using the power off switch. How can this be an Outlook problem when it works exactly as it should as long as Easy Mail Merge is not installed??

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 9:22 pm 

I agree with Bruce... as I have detailed before, the only time I have problems is when EMM is installed! That's why I have to install & uninstall every time I use EMM!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 10:13 am 

Hi,

There are thousands of people who are using Easy Mail Merge, so this is not a general problem, as we would have received more complaints.
In order to solve the problem we will need your support because we cannot replicate it.
Bruce, can you please send an email to mailto:support@emailaddressmanager.com with a screenshot of the error that you get when you try to open the email on the taskbar?

Kind regards.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 1:08 pm 

Hi,

Please download the latest version of Easy Mail Merge from our website and install it over the one you already have installed on your computer. You should have no more problems with Outlook crashing without a session being started.

Kind regards.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 2:03 pm 

Thanks, Andra... I tried the new version and made a test mailing of 13. Everything is working like it should so far, no crashes like I had before, and no problem with the EMM mailing.

Thanks!