Powerful Outlook Add-ins

Service Support Forum for DS Development Add-ins and Utilities
It is currently Mon Dec 09, 2019 7:03 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:33 pm 

When the auto reply replies.. it does reply but it does not append a personal message. I've tried plain text and html. No matter what it doesn't work.. help please.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:41 am 
Site Admin

Please let me know (or email us at mailto:support@emailaddressmanager.com) the details of your auto-reply rule.

Also, by not appending a personal message, do you mean that it does not append any auto-reply message at all OR it does not append the personalized greetings text?

Regards,
Bogdan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 6:19 pm 

The details of the rule are to respond to *@addresshere.com Reply is selected and a message in the next window is to be appended along with a greeting. However, the rule works. It just does not append any message at all other than plainly forwarding the message to be replied to.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 10:09 am 
Site Admin

Please clarify if the rule is set to auto-reply or to auto-forward the message. You wrote "It just does not append any message at all other than plainly forwarding the message to be replied to." - from which I understand that you are using a forward rule.

The message append works only when your rule is set to auto-reply (not forward) to messages.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 12:16 pm 

It is set to auto-reply, but it acts as if it's just a forwarding tool.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 11:09 am 
Site Admin

Can you please advise what options are marked/enabled on the rule action tab?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:31 pm 

Rule enabled is checked.
If message is recieved from one of the specified addresses: *@emailhere.com is checked.
Reply is bulleted.
Message is entered.

We've tested it by sending an autoreply to one of our own addresses. It will attach the message it has recieved message but not the personalized message. Just like forwarding would.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 8:18 am 
Site Admin

That's strange, we can't replicate it... What version of Auto Reply Manager are you running? You can see the full version number under the About Us screen of the Auto Reply Manager toolbar.

I suspect you are not using the latest version, because the latest update does not sends auto-replies to messages received by your own email account (sending emails from you to you).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 6:35 pm 

Attempted to update and it said we had the latest version. (I'll have to run over and get the number if you need it.)
We are not auto-replying to the same address that sends it. We auto-reply to one of the addresses we have access to. To test if it has sent out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 8:05 pm 
Site Admin

is there any red icon/error message listed in the execution report? you can access the execution report from the Auto Reply Manager toolbar.

can you please advise if you have any other/3rd party Outlook add-ins installed?

also, can you please let me know your default email editor (if you are not using Outlook 2007)? Is it the Outlook internal editor or MS Word?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 8:47 pm 

I am using Outlook 2k3. The execution report shows a green and the email does indeed come through. Although without the personal message. and Yes the reply is bulleted not forward.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 2:05 pm 
Site Admin

can you also let me know your default email editor? even better, can you please do a test, change your current email editor to the other one (so if you are using Word to compose the emails, switch to the Outlook internal email editor) and then do an auto-reply test and see if the message is sent with the personalized text?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 6:43 pm 

The only email editor we use is Outlook. We do not use word to send emails. Are you asking for us to use word?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:23 am 
Site Admin

Yes, just as a test so I can determine if the problem is related to the email editor, please configure Outlook to use MS Word as the email editor (from the Outlook Tools menu -> Options -> Mail Format) and see if the auto replies are still incorrectly composed (without the personalized text).

My point is just so we can narrow the potential problem causes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 6:54 pm 

Okay. I just tried both without Word and with word. The reply doesn't attach the message still.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 8:05 pm 
Site Admin

can you please edit the rule and change the rule reply text format (from HTML to plaint text if it's set to HTML, or from plain text to HTML if it was initially set on plain text) and see if it makes any difference?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 8:26 pm 

No difference. The message still sends without an adding the personalized message.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 12:19 pm 
Site Admin

Can you please email me at mailto:bogdan@emailaddressmanager.com some screenshots with the actual ARM settings?