Powerful Outlook Add-ins

Service Support Forum for DS Development Add-ins and Utilities
It is currently Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:38 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Auto-BCC Function
PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 2:55 am 

I used the previous version of B & W and was able to set up a rule where every single email that was received or sent from an email address was forwarded BCC to another address. I have now downloaded a trial version of the new version and cannot see where it is possible to do that. That is the only reason I ordered this software in the first place. Can anyone help me with this setup or is it still possible to do?

Thank you

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 7:27 am 
Site Admin

Well, the previous version of B&W did not have the ability to create and use rules, so I am not sure how could you setup a rule with it...

Anyway, do you mean to automatically forward an email as BCC or just to put the email address as a BCC when you manually reply/forward a received email?

The BCC feature is still available on B&W, under the Send Options tab - click to enable send rules, then edit the default rule and put the email address(es) that you want to be added to the BCC field when sending an email.

Regards,
Bogdan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 11:29 pm 

On the earlier version I was able to set up something so that every single email that came into my mailbox and every single email that I sent was BCC forwarded [b]after[/b] being received or sent to a separate email address automatically. Since my computer crashed and I was never sent an actual CD, and cannot get help getting the old or new version (I purchased 8/06) I no longer have the older version I cannot tell you exactly how I was able to do that but that is the only reason I purchased this software in the first place...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 7:58 am 
Site Admin

For sure, Bells & Whistles for Outlook *never* included a function for automatically sending replies or forwards.

Are you sure you didn't use one of our other products, Auto Reply Manager for Outlook? Indeed, that program automatically sends replies or forwards with BCC, as you described. But it is not Bells & Whistles...

Regards,
Bogdan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 8:07 am 

I am positive that I used Bell and Whistles to do this. I remember doing a search to try to find a program that worked with Outlook that would automatically BCC every email I sent out to another email address and then whenever I downloaded my emails it would also BCC all of those to another email address. One of the sites recommended B & W and that is why I downloaded it and tried it. It worked and so I purchased it. That is the only thing I ever used the program for. Since I have th receipt paying for that program and I am 100% certain that is the only reason I bought it and I never used any other feature from the software....this is frustrating....is it at all possible to get the older version back again rather than the new version?

Thank you

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 8:15 am 
Site Admin

Here is the link to v2.5, which is the one that you initially purchased in August:

http://www.emailaddressmanager.com/bw/B ... 2.5.68.exe (just click on the link, or copy and paste it in your web browser address bar). If you wish to use this version, you can activate the license using the License Holder Name and Ref Number that was given to you in August, when you initially purchased it (you can't use the new registration details given to you on the free upgrade order).

Based on your description from your last forum reply, I can tell you that:
1. indeed, Bells & Whistles can: "automatically BCC every email I sent out to another email address";
2. but it can not: "whenever I downloaded my emails it would also BCC all of those to another email address". This can only be achieved with Auto Reply Manager for Outlook.

Regards,
Bogdan

Post subject: THANK YOU
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 9:21 am 

Bogdan--

I just wanted to make sure to publicly thank you for your follow thru and above and beyond customer service. I appreciate your extra efforts and time spent on making sure I was all set up! I can't thank you enough!!! I am looking forward to exploring this software beyond the original reason I purchased it. Thanks again!!