Powerful Outlook Add-ins

Service Support Forum for DS Development Add-ins and Utilities
It is currently Wed Oct 16, 2019 2:09 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 8:15 pm 

[Edit by Admin] Easy Mail Merge v1.1.69 was released with a programming bug on the license activation mechanism. If your program is still on the trial mode even if you registered your license, we strongly recommend you to update to v1.1.70 or newer. You can do so by using the Check for Updates function available under the Easy Mail Merge Outlook toolbar displayed on the main Outlook window. Thank you.

After accepting the Email Merge upgrade within Outlook, it is no longer activated. Every time I run the mail Merge, it asks me if I want to buy it or continue evaluation. If I click in Buy It, it takes me to Softwrap.com and the price is 39.00.

My Meil Merge program was previously activated and it worked fine. I have tried to uninstall it completely including removing the registry keys, but I never get the activation screen anymore.

Can someone please help me. I send a lot of email every day and now I and relegated to sending them 10 at a time.

Any help would be appreciated.[/b]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 2:16 am 
Site Admin

To solve that problem, please follow these steps:

1) Uninstall the software (exit Outlook firstly)
2) Delete the software folder under Program Files (if it is still there)
3) Go to the following folder: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents and delete the following file/folders:
a) Softwrap (Folder), EASY1169 (Folder)
b) Global.sw2 (File) and EMMOpts.sw (File)
4) Reinstall the software
5) Run the software and re-activate it using your License Holder Name & Purchase Reference Number.

Regards,
Bogdan

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 12:03 pm 

Hi Bogdan,

Still no luck. Can't seem to get the Activation screen. I did all that you mentioned above. I did not find an Easy1169 folder nor did I find an EMMOpts.sw file.

Any other suggestions

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 9:19 am 
Site Admin

Hello,

There might be a conflict between the actual license and a previous installed license. Please go to C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\Softwrap and delete any folder that starts with ELENDEMM. You should have a folder that starts with this name for each version of Easy Mail Merge that was installed on your computer. For example if you had the latest version installed at some point (or you have it installed now) you should have the folder ELENDEMM1169. Please make sure that Outlook is closed before you begin to delete these folders.

Although it would be best to do this with Easy Mail Merge uninstalled it should work with it installed too. After you finish this please enter in MS Outlook and check if the registration screen for Easy Mail Merge is displayed on your screen.

We apologize for this inconvenience. We are investigating this problem and we hope to find a solution for it soon.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 12:40 pm 

I sent the following to Softwrap:

I am trying to re install the software because after I accepted an EMM upgrade, it was back to the demo copy and there was no activation screen. I had to uninstall the software and delete all registry keys pointing to DS Development, Email Merge, Softwrap and emmopt. I was then finally able to get the activation screen back. Please send me a new activation code so as I can reinstall/reactivate the software. This software is still on the same machine as I previously installed it and is not installed on any other machine.

I now get the message when I try to re-Activate my 'License Holder Name' and my 'Purchase Reference Number'

'Activation Failed
The Activation Code has already been used in a successful activation or purchase. It can not be used again. Please e-mail mailto:support@softwrap.com'

What do I do now?

Thanks again for everyones help.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 1:06 pm 
Site Admin

Hello,

Please send a message to mailto:support@emailaddressmanager.com and specify in the body of the email the email address you used in the purchase process and the date of purchase and they will solve this problem.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 5:01 pm 

I followed the instructions above, deleted the folders and files, etc. and still I have the same issue. I launch Outlook, get no license prompt, go to send emails and the system tells me I need to buy the software.

This incredibly frustrating. I need to send emails now. How do I resolve this issue?

Regards,

Lobbs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 8:12 am 
Site Admin

Hi Lobbs,

A solution for this problem is currently being worked out. We will send you an email or post on this forum as soon as the solution for this problem will be available. Unfortunately solving this problem is not entirely up to us. Please accept our apologies for this inconvenience.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 10:34 am 

Hi Dan,

What's the ETA for resolving this issue? I need to send a large number of email merges today. I'm already late in sending them as they were to go out yesterday.

Is there no workaround in the meantime? How can I go about loading the old version of the software on my PC while you guys workout this issue?

Lobbs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 10:59 am 
Site Admin

Hi Lobbs,

Please send an email to mailto:support@emailaddressmanager.com and our support team will give you a temporary, alternative solution to this problem. Also please specify in the email that you posted on this forum.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 8:46 am 

I tried the forum solutions as deleting the folders - etc, still not OK.
1) Uninstall the software (exit Outlook firstly)
2) Delete the software folder under Program Files (if it is still there)
3) Go to the following folder: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents and delete the following file/folders:
a) Softwrap (Folder), EASY1169 (Folder)
b) Global.sw2 (File) and EMMOpts.sw (File)
4) Reinstall the software
5) Run the software and re-activate it using your License Holder Name & Purchase Reference Number.

Please help.

ChrisHo

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 10:13 am 
Site Admin

Hello,

Please send an email to mailto:support@emailaddressmanager.com and the support team will give you an alternative fix to this error (the fix will also be included in the next update). Also please mention that you have posted on this forum (so you don't have to describe your problem again). We apologize for this inconvenience.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 12:41 am 

Has there been a solution for this yet? i have sent a email to the address above. and no reply.

I did all the stuff above and finally got a activation screen to pop up , but when i enter my activation to reinstall the license as told to and it says it has already been used for a new activation. i would appreciate any help as this is money set aside for the purchase of this application that i no longer have to spend on another similiar program and money is a rarity for me .. thanks for help Jim

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 8:34 am 

I''m facing this problem too after the recent upgrade.

Any solutions yet?

I have emailed you guys

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:38 am 
Site Admin

Hello,

The replies to your emails have been sent. Please check your Junk mail folder also (in case the replies where filtered by your AntiSpam software).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 5:29 pm 

After upgrading to 1.70 i get the same error again and now the 1.69 that finally was fixed with a dll file that was emailed to me, no longer works. I have submitted an email regarding this and have received no answer. thank you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 5:29 am 

slohand wrote:
After upgrading to 1.70 i get the same error again and now the 1.69 that finally was fixed with a dll file that was emailed to me, no longer works. I have submitted an email regarding this and have received no answer. thank you.

Hi, I accidentially found the solution to this problem.

First thing is to exit your Outlook, then change your PC date to one which is before you upgraded to 1.70. Open Outlook & you should get an error message from Mail Merge. This would then result in them sending you a new activation code via e-mail.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 10:08 am 
Site Admin

Hello,

If you change the date of your system so that the registration screen for Easy Mail Merge to be displayed again you can experience strange behaviours later. Also a new registration number will not be generated unless you purchase a new license.

Instead please follow this procedure (ONLY IF YOU UPGRADED TO THE LATEST VERSION AND YOU STILL ARE IN THE TRIAL VERSION ALDOUGH YOU REGISTERED THE SOFTWARE):
1. Please close Microsoft Outlook.
2. Uninstall any version of Easy Mail Merge that you may have installed on your computer by using the Uninstall from the Windows Start->Programs->DS Development->Easy Mail Merge.
3. Search on your hard for this extension: *.sw2 and delete any file that windows finds with this extension.
4. Download and install the latest version of Easy Mail Merge from our web site: http://www.emailaddressmanager.com/mail-merge.exe. Please make sure that Outlook is still NOT running before you begin the installation process;
5. Enter MS Outlook after the installation is complete.
6. Activate your license with your registration details using "Re-install existing license" option.