Powerful Outlook Add-ins

Service Support Forum for DS Development Add-ins and Utilities
It is currently Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:50 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:34 am 

Hi To All Forum Mates!
I am a newbie to this wonderful DS Development forum.I want to configure my gmail account to outlook
so I may be able to send my email of my musician marketing as JPEG into the emails of others as my compaign.I am quite unware to do this settings despite of seeing the instructions on web as how to configure.Can anybody help me out in fixing this.I can pass on the basic details as per your requirement.I can change the password later.I want anybody opening my email must see and view the jpeg instantly when one opens my email and not dowloading the attachment.

Love to all forum mates!

Hani Hijaz
Singer,Songwriter,Music Composer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:03 pm 

Hello,

In order to send emails with Gmail from within Outlook, you will have to create a user (in Outlook) that can access your Gmail account. This is easy to do, but if you need a step-by-step guide then this one is pretty good: http://email.about.com/od/outlooktips/qt/et_get_gmail.htm. I strongly suggest connecting via POP and not IMAP, since IMAP may pose some trouble from time to time.

In order to do this, just follow the steps provided under the line "Access Gmail with Outlook Using POP" and disregard what is written above it. Basically, you'll have to go through a couple of windows where you write your account name and password and then in the other fields, the info provided in the above link.

Just so you know, there's a limit to the number of emails you can send from Outlook when your account is a Gmail one. So, if you're sending from Outlook then the maximum number of emails is 100/day, if you're sending from the web interface it's 500/day (although you stated that you didn't want to use that method).

Now, after defining your account you can just click on New Email and once you click in the body of the message you can insert your image (which will be displayed directly and not as an attachment), either by copy/pasting it from the image viewer or by inserting it. If you have a lot of emails to send, then please check out our add-in that deals with this exact scenario, Easy Mail Merge for Outlook (the free version lets you send 10 emails maximum, so you can try it out for as long as you like).

Oh, and please don't offer to send anyone your account information and password in the future... it's really not safe and usually, whomever asks you for those is up to no good.

http://www.outlook-apps.com
Email Productivity Blog
Follow us on Twitter
Join our Facebook Fan Page
Email: support@outlook-apps.com