Powerful Outlook Add-ins

Service Support Forum for DS Development Add-ins and Utilities
It is currently Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:50 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:03 am 

EMM Version 2.0.185.0, Outlook 2010 Beta

I get the above message for valid addresses, how do I turn the checking feature off?

If finds many addresses as invalid, but they are working addresses, case in point it found my own address tom -at- atfab.com invalid, but it is good.

Tom

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:38 pm 

Hi Yakman,

Please try to send a simple email without using Easy Mail Merge at one of the invaild addresses and let me know if it works.

Kind Regards,
Andrew Smith
Service Support Dept, DS Development
www.EmailAddressManager.com
Email Productivity Blog: blog.emailaddressmanager.com
Follow on Twitter: http://twitter.com/dsdevelopment
Join our Facebook Fan Page
Email: andrei@emailaddressmanager.com

http://www.outlook-apps.com
Email Productivity Blog
Follow us on Twitter
Join our Facebook Fan Page
Email: support@outlook-apps.com

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:00 pm 

Yes, the addresses (for sure most, I'd say 99%) are valid. Example it does not like my address, where I received this update (tom-at-atfab.com) and I have sent a test message to myself. Also, if I were to guess, it frequently does not like addresses that are in my phone book. Plus, it has a problem with some domains, where it kicks out several in a row that are going to the same valid domain.
The addresses I'm using are very clean, in the past, when I get two bounces of an address, I remove them from my distribution list.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:52 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Tom,

If the program identifies some email addresses as invalid, there must be something wrong with them. For example, there may be spaces left between the name & the domain name. It can't ignore them, because it can't compose the related email and have Outlook to deliver it, as it's TO field is not formatted correctly.

Try to post a screenshot of such an error, showing the email address (on the screenshot) that Easy Mail Merge finds to be invalid.

Regards,
Bogdan

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:24 pm 

I hear what you are saying and that is what I thought initially, but I don't believe that is the case, however I will grab some screen shots.
The reason I do not think this this is the problem is because I have a test file (using my e-mail address) and up until recently this file worked OK, now my address shows up as a problem.
I'll send more later today.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:27 pm 

Hi Andrew,
Here are a few of the screen clips you requested, and also included is my test file, in which my e-mail address fails.

After watching the errors more closely this week, many of the problem address are some of my best customers, which are already in my Outlook, and this is causing a me a significant concern. i.e. Many of these "bad" addresses are the people I want to see my e-mails, hence they spend money...

I'm not sure what is causing this problem, but is there some way to turn this feature off or disable it? (If this is not possible, please let me know because I need to do something to make sure my mailing reach all the customers on my distribution list.)

Thank you for any help you can offer. (I will sent another blast next week then I pause for two weeks.)

Tom

Oops - - I do not see how to attach the zip file I mentioned above, drop me an e-mail and I'll send the file to you.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:39 am 
Site Admin

Hi Tom,

Please send the test file at bogdan@emailaddressmanager.com

Also, please mention which addresses (from that test file) are flagged as "bad" by Easy Mail Merge.

Thanks,
Bogdan

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:03 pm 

Hi Bogdan,

Did you have any success with the file I sent?

Were you were able to duplicate the problem?

If Yes, can you offer me a solution?
If No, is there a way I can disable this checking? Or, can you send me a link to version that is prior to when this feature was implemented?

I would like to continue to use your program, but as I mentioned in my e-mail, it is rejecting many of my most important customers.

Tom

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 1:24 pm 
Site Admin

I did NOT receive the test file at bogdan@emailaddressmanager.com... Please resend it asap, so we can test with it.

Thank you.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 1:28 pm 

Hi,

It should be in your in-box, I just resent it.

Tom