Powerful Outlook Add-ins

Service Support Forum for DS Development Add-ins and Utilities
It is currently Sat Dec 07, 2019 11:05 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:34 am 

I’m having some real trouble with my easy mail merge program. :( I received a runtime error when trying to set up a mailing, and now, the mail merge program keeps crashing my Outlook every time I open it. I uninstalled the mail merge program and Outlook worked just fine. After reinstalling the mail merge program, the same thing happens and I am not even able to get past this and into Outlook as the system crashes every time.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:34 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Gala,

Sorry for this late reply... Does that behavior happen since the very first installation of Easy Mail Merge or did it use to work fine for a while and then it started to trigger that error?

Regards,
Bogdan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:19 pm 

Hello,

I am not the original poster, but I am having this problem as well. Easy Mail was working fine up until yesterday. I had one weird thing where a bunch of strange windows popped up. but I was able to close everything and scan my computer and after that I restarted Outlook and the job finished ok. This morning when I ran my confirmation email, I got the Runtime error error and it closes down outlook when I click on the ok. I can't stop the easymail merge because the error window pops up too fast.

Please help? I seem to be having problems since the upgrade. I have to set my Program Access to enable access for my mail program each time I run a merge now.

Thanks for any help. Doesn't look like you guys check the boards much anymore, but if I could get an answer quickly it would be awesome.

liz

Update: I have had to uninstall Easy Mail Merge in order to access my Outlook program. I guess, unfortunately my next question is how do I go about getting a refund since I cannot use the product?

Thanks,

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 6:21 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Liz,

Did you get to see the error message at all? If so, what did it say?

We will soon release an update on Easy Mail Merge (probably on Monday or so) in order to address these problems. I would suggest you to wait a couple of days and see if that update fixes the issue, before proceeding with the refund. In case you will want the refund, just email us with your purchase order id or license activation code.

Regards,
Bogdan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:59 pm 

I am also having the same problem. Please help - I need to send out the emails today for our employees.

The first error message says:
Failed to initialize session. Unable to connect to database. Error code 0x80004005. Unspecified error.

Then a second error message pops up after I click Ok:
Runtime Error! Program: C:\program~1\micros~2\office11\outlook.exe
This application has requested the Runtime error to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:23 am 
Site Admin

marathonmomm wrote:
The first error message says:
Failed to initialize session. Unable to connect to database. Error code 0x80004005. Unspecified error.

From what type of source are you trying to import the contacts? Outlook Contacts, CSV file, Exchange?

Also, on your Outlook profile, do you happen to have defined any IMAP email account?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:28 pm 

Hello,

Since a few days I´m having the same problem: "Failed to initialize session. Unable to connect to database. Error code 0x80004005. Unspecified error." It´s related to an existing session that I can´t delete, it shows everytime I open Outlook, I tried uninstalling and re-installing but it comes back. Outlook is crashing everytime I open it, when uninstall Outlook is working fine. Before was working correctly.

Please tell me what to do or how can I delete the session causing this problem. I´m using a .csv as source of the email adresses and yes I have several Gmail accounts linked (IMAP) to Outlook.

Cheers!

Francisco

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:06 am 

Hi Famingo,

-Are you using the same .csv that you used before this error?
-Did you make any changes to outlook?
- Is it possible to send us at least a sample part of the .csv file, so we can test it too? You can e-mail it to us at mailto:support@emailaddressmanager.com.

Regards,

Andrew

http://www.outlook-apps.com
Email Productivity Blog
Follow us on Twitter
Join our Facebook Fan Page
Email: support@outlook-apps.com

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:44 pm 

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for the response. My error message is the same as Marathonmmom's second error message. I have not had any unable to initialize errors. In fact, the session had run about 1/2 way, before it hung up. I tried completely uninstalling and then reinstalling it, but the same thing happened about 1/2 through again.

I really like this program and use it alot. PLeeeeaase fix it soon. I have about 150 confirmation emails that need to go out today and hand doing them is making me shudder.

Where do I find the update you mentioned?

THanks,

liz

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:30 am 

You will find the latest update at: http://www.emailaddressmanager.com/mail-merge.exe
This should fix your problem.

Kind Regards,
Andrew Smith

DS Development Support Team

http://www.outlook-apps.com
Email Productivity Blog
Follow us on Twitter
Join our Facebook Fan Page
Email: support@outlook-apps.com