Powerful Outlook Add-ins

Service Support Forum for DS Development Add-ins and Utilities
It is currently Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:38 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 8:38 pm 

I have today installed Easy Mail Merge and am having problems with Outlook crashing. I am running Win XP-SP2 & Outlook 2002. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Easy Mailer, but Outlook still crashes.

The problem happens in these situations:

1. When closing a Contact
2. When Closing an Appointment item
3. When changing to the Contacts folder after closing an email item

These crashes are happening without starting an Easy Mail Merge. It started after installing Easy Mail Merge, stopped after uninstalling Easy Mail Merge, and started again after reinstalling Easy Mail Merge.

What is the solution!

Thanks...

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 8:54 am 

Hello,

Even if, as I said before, this should not have anything to do with Easy Mail Merge, as the product doesn't interfere with Outlook until a session is open, can you please tell me if you get any error messages?

Kind regards.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 12:42 pm 

I have read the position you have taken in the past denying any chance that your program causes any problem, and I think you are dead wrong. After installing Easy Mail merge, and without starting a Session, Outlook always responds slower than without the add-on, and the crashes documented in my first post are legitimate, and occur only after Easy Mail Merge has been installed, and no Session started. The problems ALWAYS go away after un-installing Easy Mail Merge.

There are no Error Codes given, only this message: "Microsoft Outlook has encountered a problem and needs to close."

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:47 am 

Hi,

Please tell me what other add-ins for Outlook are you using?

Kind regards.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 2:35 pm 

I have been using a MS Outlook Backup add-in for several years.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 7:32 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Herb,

Can you please send us at mailto:support@emailaddressmanager.com a screenshot of the error window? When sending it, please use the Contact Service Support option from the Easy Mail Merge toolbar - this way we can gather Outlook related information that will help us to better assist you.

Without starting a session, the only thing that Easy Mail Merge does is to deploy a toolbar object on the main Outlook window, just like most of all other add-ins. If Outlook starts to work slower / trigger errors after the Easy Mail Merge installation, there must be something related to a 3rd party add-in - maybe even a conflict between Easy Mail Merge and that add-in.

As a simple test, can you please disable the Outlook Backup utility, then restart Outlook (with Easy Mail Merge installed) and see if it makes any difference?

--------------
http://www.outlook-apps.com

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 11:08 pm 

Hi, Bruce... I never had Outlook crash or lock up during an Easy Mail Merge session, but I am still having the same problems: whenever I open and then close any Outlook item (contact, email, appointment, etc.), Outlook crashes.

Easy Mail Merge Support has not offered any solution that worked, so what I am doing is installing EMM when I need it and uninstalling it immediately after. Surely DS Development will come up with something better!

Herb