Powerful Outlook Add-ins

Service Support Forum for DS Development Add-ins and Utilities
It is currently Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:07 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 8:27 pm 

Well this is not off to a very good start. Having purchased the product I expected to be off and sending mass emails by now. However, whenever easy mail merge is installed and running, Outlook crashes everytime I try to make a change to the outlook contact folder. I have uninstalled mail merge twice, verifying that the problem goes away when I uninstall and comes back when I install. After 60 minutes, I am pretty much used up my patience and time for something that was supposed to save me some time. Please advise or refund.

Thanks

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 11:07 am 

Hi,

Sorry for the late reply.

The reason that Easy Mail Merge can not be the source of this problem is because the add-in doesn't interfere with Outlook unless a session has been started.

What is the Outlook version that you use. If it is Outlook 2000 you should know that Easy Mail Merge is an add-in for Outlook 2002 or higher.

If you decided you want a refund please send an email to mailto:support@emailaddressmanager.com with your order id or your licence code!

Kind regards ,

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 6:35 pm 

I am using outlook 2003. How can you suggest that Mail Merge does not interfere with a Outlook until a session is started, when that is precisely what my problem is. If I launch mailmerge when outlook starts then outlook crashes when I try to update my contacts. if I do not launch Mailmerge when I launch outlook then I have no problems. I have tried it about ten times now. So obviously your add on is interfering with outlook, since that is the problem I wrote about in the first place.

I guess I will invest another hour troubleshooting by trying it out on different machines. If I have any other problems I will request a refund

thanks

Dan in Indiana

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 9:40 am 

Hi Dan,

Can you please tell me what did you mean by "I launch mailmerge when outlook starts"? Do you start an Easy Mail Merge Session when you start Outlook? Does Outlook crash during the session or after you've finished?

Best regards,

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:31 am 

I mean when I click on the initial screen that shows when I launch outlook. No, I do not have a session active. It makes no difference whether a mail merge session is active. As long as the easy mail merge tab is visible, outlook crashes when I try to make changes to the address book, or other things that work fine if I don't launch the program when outlook is started

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 11:30 am 

Hi Dan,

Do you get any error messages?