Powerful Outlook Add-ins

Service Support Forum for DS Development Add-ins and Utilities
It is currently Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:57 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Stops sending messages
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 5:07 pm 

Every time I do a run using a CSV data file, the program sends 246 messages and then on the next item it displays the following message:

While generating and sending message to "mailto:name@firm.com" failed to send message. Error code 0x82004005.

The operation failed.

(mailto:name@firm.com is generic. It actually displays the name it stops on. The email format of the name is correct in each case.)

I have tried this several times and received the same result. I am using WinXP service pack 2; full Office 2003; Exchange Server 2003. I am not aware of any restrictions on the account.

Any thoughts?
Thank you.
Lester

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 8:04 am 
Site Admin

Hi,

Can you advise on the full version number of your Easy Mail Merge installation? You can find it on the About Us window of the Easy Mail Merge toolbar.

Also, just as an estimation, do you know how many addresses you have in the CSV file? Is it possible to split it into 2-3 files?

Regards,
Bogdan

Post subject: Brain damage
PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 4:27 pm 

Hello, I down loaded the trial only to find that it was only for 10 email addresses. I bought the product but how do I activate - I'm lost. Please help :cry:

Post subject: Re: Brain damage
PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 5:04 pm 
Site Admin

Bsquared wrote:
Hello, I down loaded the trial only to find that it was only for 10 email addresses. I bought the product but how do I activate - I'm lost. Please help :cry:

You should have received an email from softwrap.com, with your registration details (license holder name and reference number). Then you need to restart Outlook and to click on the Activate License button of the startup Easy Mail Merge screen. Then insert your registration details.

If you didn't receive your registration email, please drop us a line at mailto:info@emailaddressmanager.com and we will retrieve the details for you. Please include any details you might have about your order, such as the email address inserted in the order form, name or address.

Regards
Bogdan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 2:12 pm 

Hi Bogdan,

The version is 1.1.49.0

Even when the list was only 500 names, it would only send between 246 and 248 emails before stopping. I generally send about 5000 emails per day to our customers and a monthly newsletter circulation of over 50,000.

I did try to install this on my laptop which is also running XP Pro, but an older version of Outlook, but I had already used my one free move, so I couldn't test that.

If there is a configuration that would fit the program better (for example Windows 2k or Adv. Server with Outlook 2000 or 2003), please let me know. However, in order to move it to such a system, I would need to have permission to install from support, since I have already moved the program once trying to resolve this issue.

Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 1:52 pm 
Site Admin

Do you use the Cached Exchange Mode of Outlook (for the connection to Exchange)? If you do, please change this option so Outlook is always connected to the Exchange server - at least during the send operation of Easy Mail Merge.

About the reuse of the license registration, please email us your license holder name OR purchase reference number and we will reactivate the registration for you.

On the system requirements, the product should work perfectly on any WinXP, 2000 or 2003 computer, running with Outlook 2002/2003. The only special requirement is that your Outlook installation must be free of errors - so I recommend using the Outlook "Detect & Repair" tool if you encounter problems using Easy Mail Merge.

Regards
Bogdan
PS: we also received your email, sorry for the forum reply delay.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 2:34 pm 

Bogdan,

I am still stuck with the 250 email barrier. I do not use cached mode. I had already tried the detect and repair (multiple times), I made sure I had the latest updates for Windows and for Office.

I have tried HTML, Rich Text and plain text. I have tried CSV files, address list and Contact lists. I have also tried exporting the CSV file from different programs to see if it was a format issue.

It is a new computer, so it is not an issue with RAM or disk space, etc.

Here is an detailed description of what happens: (I'll use CSV as an example)

I start a session, pull up the list, designate the email field.

After setting up the message (with or without additional merge fields - I've tried both), I send the message.

After 246-248 emails I always receive the error message in my original post. I then have to abort the process. It saves the last email in my draft folder along with a draft of the session.

I then MUST exist outlook, go back into Outlook, and then I can send the last email. I delete the draft of the session (I tried using it once, but it started from the beginning again, not where it left off.)

Then I can start a new session and repeat the whole process. I can do this multiple times. For example, if I repeat the process 6 times, I will have six sets of emails going out simulaneously with whatever delay that I set up. In other words it is not a limitation on the Outbox, because I can and often do have over 1000 emails waiting to be sent in the Outbox.

Needless to say, this is not the desired result. Please contact me via email, phone or this forum with any additional information.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 8:27 pm 
Site Admin

Can you advise if you are trying to send all emails at once or else? If you are trying to send them all at once, can you setup Easy Mail Merge to allow a short delay (like 10 seconds) between each 50 or 100 outgoing emails?

You can specify the delay periods from the sending options window which is displayed when you click the Send button.

Regards,
Bogdan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 8:53 pm 

I always include a delay. I've tried sending one every 8,9,10,11,12,15 and 20 seconds. Does not make a difference.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 9:37 pm 
Site Admin

As we also emailed you, we think we found the cause of that sending problem, it is probably an Exchange bug, see: http://support.microsoft.com/default.as ... 0836&sd=ee

There would be two solutions:
1. install the Exchange Service Pack;
2. modify some Windows registry values as described on the adove URL, under the Resolution section.

Regards
Bogdan