Powerful Outlook Add-ins

Service Support Forum for DS Development Add-ins and Utilities
It is currently Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:49 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Outlook 2007 no tool bar
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 1:19 am 

I check the usual places, disabled items and the tool bar list. I don't have norton running. EMMOpts.exe is running and I do get the tips when outlook starts up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 8:06 am 
Site Admin

Hi,

Please advise which toolbar is missing:
1. the one from the main Outlook window (where you can start a mail merge session);
2. the one displayed when composing the message (where you can choose to insert merge fields and to preview/send the message).

Also, in case you are using an older EMM version, please download & install the latest one from our web site (see the top/right Download button of this page, then browse for Easy Mail Merge).

Regards,
Bogdan

Post subject: toolbar missing
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 3:41 am 

Both of them are missing

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 4:11 pm 
Site Admin

If EMMOpts.exe is running while Outlook is also running, then it means the add-in loads correctly.

Can you please open Outlook, then right click over the toolbars area (where the Reply/Reply to All buttons are displayed) and see if there is any menu option called EasyMailMerge? If there is one and it's not checked/marked, can you please mark/check it?

Regards,
Bogdan

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 12:07 am 

only options are
Standard
Advanced
Web
Customize

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 6:57 am 
Site Admin

Do you start Outlook by clicking on the Outlook icon, or do you use NEO or other 3rd party add-ons to start Outlook?

What other Outlook add-ins do yo have installed on your Outlook profile?

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 2:05 am 

Standard install of outlook. No other addins (that I installed myself, others that office installed) and I use the icon from the start menu.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 7:09 am 
Site Admin

1. Please go to the Outlook Help menu -> Disabled Items - let me know if there is any entry listed there;
2. please go to the Outlook Tools menu -> Trust Center -> Add-ins - let me know if there is any entry called Easy Mail Merge - if there is one, let me know if it' listed on the Active or Inactive sections.

Regards,
Bogdan

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 12:40 am 

No items in the disabled items.
under trust
EMM is listed in the inactive addins.

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 12:52 am 

hmmmm interesting.

In the trust center "apply macro security settings to com addins" was checked and it wouldn't let me activate the addin because it wasn't trusted. I unchecked that box and emm started up and is now on the toolbar. I don't know if I like that solution though. What else can we do?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 9:22 am 
Site Admin

You must disable the macro security settings in order to use any of our products (and the vast majority of 3rd party Outlook addins).

The Outlook trusted add-ins feature relays on checking if the add-in is digitally signed for Office Outlook. We digitally sign all our add-ins using our Verisign certificate, but we don't use the Microsoft special certificate for Office.

I wouldn't relay on that security feature on handling Outlook add-ins. For example, one can digitally sign the addin for Office, making it trusted for Outlook... but obviously that add-in can still theoretically harm your computer / personal info. So signing it for Office doesn't make it more or less secure.

Regards,
Bogdan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 1:51 pm 

Thanks so much.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 7:54 pm 

Hello,

I just installed and am having the same problem, but I am using Microsoft Outlook 2003. The toolbar does not show up. I tried re-running the setup file and repairing. I also tried re-running the setup file and removing, then reinstalling. I get the tips and the alert for the 30-day evaluation period when I open Outlook but no toolbar. I have already tried checking the Disabled Items in "About Microsoft Outlook" and EMM is not listed there. I have also tried right-clicking in the toolbar section to try and add the toolbar manually. When I tried bogdan's suggestion (2) listed above, I could not find Trust Center in my Tools menu, probably because its a 2007 Outlook feature.
bogdan wrote:
1. Please go to the Outlook Help menu -> Disabled Items - let me know if there is any entry listed there;

2. please go to the Outlook Tools menu -> Trust Center -> Add-ins - let me know if there is any entry called Easy Mail Merge - if there is one, let me know if it' listed on the Active or Inactive sections.

Any help?

Thanks,
Shilpa

Regards,

Bogdan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 1:09 pm 
Site Admin

If the tips and 30-days trial windows are displayed, then it means that Easy Mail Merge initializes properly.

Can you please check, while Outlook is running, if you have a process running called EMMOpts.exe? To see your active processes list, open the Windows Task Manager (CTRL + ALT + DEL) and click on the Processes tab.

Regards,
Bogdan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 6:44 pm 

Yes, it is running.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 11:59 am 
Site Admin

Hi,

Can you please right click over your main Outlook toolbars area (where you have the Reply/Forward buttons) and let me know the names of the available toolbars?

Thanks,
Bogdan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 5:03 pm 

Hi,

The toolbars listed are: Standard, Advanced, Web

Shilpa

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:11 am 
Site Admin

Do you automatically start Outlook with Windows? Do you use ActiveSync or any other address book sync tool with Outlook? What other (3rd party) Outlook add-ins you have installed?

Regards,
Bogdan

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 10:53 am 

I have Outlook 6 and required a merge program to allow batched emails to be sent to clients. A friend suggested your program but on downloading the trial I cannot find any easymailmerge in any menu?

I have looked at the comments in this support forum but some of the answers do not seem to tally with my own Outlook. I cannot for example find any Trust Centre under the tools heading. I open my Outlook via it's icon in quickstart. When I right click in the reply menu area of Outlook I get only TOOL BAR (checked) VIEW BAR (unchecked) and CUSTOMIZE.
Customize does not have any customizable title/icon for easymailmerge. Also I cannot find Help menu -> Disabled Items or macro security settings anywhere in my Outlook program?

Can you please help.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:58 am 
Site Admin

Hi,

Most likely, you are using Outlook EXPRESS 6. All our add-ins are designed for Microsoft Office Outlook, not Outlook Express. To install/use Microsoft Office Outlook, you must install Microsoft Office 2002 or newer.

--------------
http://www.outlook-apps.com

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 8:59 pm 

I figured out the problem, and it's very shameful. I was not clicking "TRY NOW" on the splash screen, just automatically 'x'-ing to close it. Bad user!

I see the toolbar now.

Thanks for your help,
Shilpa

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 1:05 pm 

I am missing the toolbar displayed when composing the message (where you can choose to insert merge fields and to preview/send the message) in Outlook 2007. I've disabled the Macro security which let an "Add-in" menu item appear bu no Easy Mail Merge was in it.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 8:53 am 

Hi,

Can you please send a screenshot of the composing window to mailto:support@emailaddressmanager.com .

Kind regards.