Powerful Outlook Add-ins

Service Support Forum for DS Development Add-ins and Utilities
It is currently Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:35 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 12:42 pm 

I installed silent mail the trial version on my machine just to see how it worked and when i opened outlook express it prompted me to try it, or buy it, i take it when i buy the official version it does not do this or prompt you about anything? Can you confirm this please as this is putting us off buying the official version.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 1:45 pm 
Site Admin

Hi,

Yes, when you register the program this screen doesn't appear any more and Silent Mail will be totally invisible.

Post subject: What do i do now??
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 4:44 pm 

I have just purchased the silent mail for outlook - after pressing finish button nothing happened. Where do i download the programme from??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 10:32 am 
Site Admin

Hi,

If you purchase the license using "Buy now" button from the registration screen you should have the program fully registered and functional. Does the registration screen appear when you enter in Outlook? If not it means the program is already registered. You can't see it because the program it is supposed to BCC email to the email address chose during the install process as silent as possible.

If you purchased the program directly from our site you should have received a confirmation email (on the email choose by you in the purchasing process) with an activation code. Install the progam from this link: http://www.emailaddressmanager.com/silentmail.exe. Now enter in MS Outlook and a registration screen for Silent Mails should appear. You need to write the activation code (try to copy paste it so you don't misspell the code) into the Activate license screen using "Activate New License" option within that screen. Complete the registration form and finish the registration.

Post subject: Installing Silent Mail
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 2:57 pm 

Received Licence Number, installed it onto my machine - for what purpose i don't know as it is not my email that i want to watch the emails, tried to as it said in the instructions that i was permitted to install on one other machine, have tried to do this with no luck, keeps asking me if i want to modify, delete or something else. I want to install it onto another machine as i have an employee who is spending time emailing and not working - Can you tell me what to do please as at the moment i am not having much luck!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 8:08 am 
Site Admin

Hi,

You need to install Silent Mail on the computer that your employee sends emails. When you install the program, at a certain time of the setup wizard, you will be asked to insert the email address where you wish to receive the copy of the emails that are send from that computer. Please read the setup instructions as you can't change the email address where to receive the emails after the setup is complete.

When you reach on a window that you see the "IMPORTANT" word written with red color it means you are in the step where you insert the email addresses where you want to receive the copy of the emails send from that computer. Under the "IMPORTANT" word there is a text field where you enter this address. The rest of the options from this window it is recommended to be on the default settings (always receive a BCC copy of every outgoing email and Auto confirm Outlook warning messages). Then finish the wizard and it should work now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 10:25 am 

Many thanks but why do i need to install program on my machine?? In the email that we received from yourselves or softwrap it stated that i had to install it on my machine and could only install it on one other machine. Do i now uninstall it from my machine and will this allow me to install it to my employees machine, because at the moment it will not allow me to install it on my employees machine. Do i install the software again from this website??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 8:53 am 
Site Admin

Sorry for the late reply.

You don't need to install the software on your computer. The software must be installed only on the computers you wish to monitor the email sending.

The email received by you from Softwrap is a standard automatic email that is for many software programs. Most of the software bought trough Softwrap are installed on the buyer’s computer. That is why in the email from Softwrap says that you have to install the software on your computer.

Can you please tell us why you can't install it on your employee’s computer? Do you receive any error message?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 11:40 am 

sorry but im not stupid, just doing what it says on the email that we received - its not called silent mail for nothing!!!
Am going to remove it from my computer and reinstall tonight onto my employees machibe, hopefully that will work. I will use the link for downloading from your previous message. Many thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 8:29 pm 

Hi Dan
Right attempted to uninstall from my machine running the uninstall code - message appeared saying that program had to be installed before i could uninstall it. Well it is installed i can assure you because i am getting a copy of every email i send out copied to myself. I have even tried deleting/removing the program to no avail. Is there another code i can run to uninstall it from my machine. I then tried once more to install the program onto my employees machine but to no avail as it does not allow me to activate the licence!! I have now decided to contact Softwrap in the morning as i have paid for software which i cannot get installed or have you any suggestions???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 8:47 am 

Error message that i am receiving when trying to run the code to uninstall the software is "This action is only valid for products that are currently installed" - what does this mean please!! I have copied and pasted the code incase that i had typed the code wrong! :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 8:58 am 
Site Admin

Hi,

When Silent Mail is being installed, the setup program asks what name should have the .bat file. To uninstall the program with the .bat file you have to run it by double clicking (run).

As an alternative solution you can run the setup again. You will have two options to choose from: to uninstall or to change the program installation. Just chose to uninstall and the program will be removed.

Can you please tell us what error do you receive then you try to register the software on your employee’s computer?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 9:45 am 

The error message is about "not being connected to the internet and it could not connect to softwrap.com licence provider" those are not the exact words as i could not take a print screen. When i click OK it takes me onto another error message which if i can remember has something to do with the licence". As we are trying to put this on the employees computer without her knowing i am having to do this very discreetly. i will tonight reinstall and then uninstall it!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 11:14 am 
Site Admin

Hi,

Please make sure that your employee’s computer is connected to the internet when registering Silent Mail.

Dan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 2:52 pm 

Yippee at last i have managed to remove it from my machine - now the tricky part - do you think i will be able to install it on my employees machine????

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 6:39 pm 

Okay here we go, managed to install silent mail onto my employees computer only to be confronted by the following messages! Message 1 - Software Communications Error - The server has unexpectedly closed the connection. Please try again later. If this problem persists, contact Softwrap Support (details on http://www.softwrap.com) - Message 2 -Softwrap Communications Error - Could not connect to "http://register.softwrap.com"
This could be because you are not physically connected to the internet. If possible, manually connect and retry the connection. If the problem persists, please contact Softwrap support (conect details on http://www.softwrap.com) to complete this purchase over the phone.

Well what do i do now?????? I am connected to the internet!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 9:12 am 
Site Admin

Maybe her computer has a firewall preventing the registration engine to go online and activate the license.

When you installed SilentMail on your computer, did you also register it? Is your computer connected on the same local network as your employee's computer?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 7:34 pm 

yes i also registered it on my computer and everything went fine and yes we are connected via the same local internet. I just don't know what to try next!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 8:46 pm 
Site Admin

Well, if you are both on the same local network and if you registered the program fine from your computer, then you should be able to register from her computer, too, unless her computer is running a local firewall which is preventing programs (like the registration engine of SilentMail) to go online.

My suggestion is to disable the firewall of that computer, then to try registering the product. When you are done, you can enable the firewall back.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 6:24 pm 

okay dokey will give it a try

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 6:15 pm 

Hi Dan
Still no luck, do you think it could have something to do with my machine is running windows XP and my employee is running windows 2000 professional. Have anyone else had this problem??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 1:58 pm 
Site Admin

It should work fine on Windows 2000.

How do you work to your employee's computer? Do you login as a local user or do you connect remotely via terminal services? Maybe your user account on her computer doesn't allow you to connect to the Internet.

Can you try loading a web site from her computer from the account that you used to logon? Does it work?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 8:00 pm 

Hi Dan
Everyone in the office has internet access, it is open all the time. We log on individually to each computer using our log in name. Everyones computer is the same and has the same set up apart from my computer which runs windows XP.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 10:11 am 

Really disappointed with the support from Softwrap. Have received 2 emails exactly the same from them - i am still awaiting a reply!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:41 pm 
Site Admin

There must be something (a firewall, a proxy server, an antivirus) that prevents the registration module from going online and activate your license on her computer, otherwise it doesn't make sense why it works on your own computer...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 8:02 am 

Dan
Received the following from Softwrap can you confirm that i can do this-
Many thanks

Thank you for the email.

To re-activate your software via the telephone disconnect from the internet and follow the steps below:

- Select "Re-installation of License" or "Activate License" from the screen that appears

- Select the telephone icon

- Enter your License Holder Name and Purchase Reference Number

- You will be given a set of sequence numbers

At this point you may email us the sequence codes to complete the re-installation. Respond to this email with the sequences and your license holder details (Kindly note that you are required to keep the software open until we respond with the unlocking sequence).

Should you require further assistance, feel free to contact Softwrap Support desk at mailto:support@softwrap.com

Kindest regards,
Softwrap Support.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 10:30 am 
Site Admin

Hi,

You can't register one of our products via the telephone. We apologize for this misunderstanding.

Can you please try to install and register Silent Mail for Outlook on another computer from your network (beside yours and the employee you currently try to register) to see if it works?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 6:41 pm 

Have tried this but it does not work, i installed onto another machine but the same happens. I have taken screen prints of the error messages and sent them to softwrap but am still waiting a reply!!
When i try to connect to the internet after completing the licence number and name the 2 computers on the top left hand side underneath the reactivate licence has a lock on it - can you tell me what this means??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 10:19 am 
Site Admin

Hi,

Can you please send to our support department the screen captures that you have sent to Softwrap?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 9:41 am 

Yes will do that just now
Many thanks