Powerful Outlook Add-ins

Service Support Forum for DS Development Add-ins and Utilities
It is currently Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:19 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 12:37 pm 

Hi
Recently updated Bells and Whistles to the latest version and now under one of my Email profiles, I can no longer forward or reply to any emails received, If I try Windows crashes and closes.
If I disable Bells and Whistles I can then reply and forward from that Profile. I have tried setting up a new profile but the same thing happens, also used the scanpst to check the data files were all OK. Any ideas?

Thanks
Andrew.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 5:13 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Andrew,

Do you mean that Outlook crashes or indeed Windows crashes when you try to reply / forward an email? That's odd... Can you please try to uninstall / reinstall Bells & Whistles?

--------------
http://www.outlook-apps.com

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:45 am 

Hi
Thanks for the reply. Yes Outlook crashes when I try to reply or forward any emails. I have uninstalled the Bells & Whistles software and then done a clean re-install however still the same fault. If I disable the Bells & Whistles addin then the error does not occur.

Error Message.
Microsoft Office has stopped working.

Then

Outlook is restarting.

Regards
Andrew.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:27 pm 
Site Admin

What Bells & Whistles options do you use?

Also, you said you recently updated it. Did you update from v2 or from v3?

--------------

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:34 am 

Not aware if was a major update. I think this has only happened recently I did the update a few week before the problem occurred. As a follow on I do receive periodically an error after outlook has crashed to say an add in caused a majot problem and windows want to disable it. When this happens it is always Bells and whistles. I am wondering if there is some conflict between you addon and possibly another addon I might be using. Do you have any way of diagnosing the fault?

regards
Andrew.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:56 pm 
Site Admin

The only way to properly diagnose the crash would be to obtain a crash dump from your system, when the crash happens.

To obtain it, please follow these steps:

1. exit Outlook;

2. open the Windows registry (regedit.exe) and create a new key named LocalDumps in the following registry location: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Windows Error Reporting (practically, in your registry browse to Windows Error Reporting -> New -> Key). The key may already be there, if other programs ran in debug mode previously on your Windows installation.

3. restart Outlook and make it crash;

4. go to the folder C:\Users\Your_User_Name\AppData\Local\CrashDumps (if you can't find the AppData folder, make sure you are set to view hidden & system folders, too - you can change this setting from your Windows Explorer window -> Options -> View): in this folder there should be a file like outlook.<some_numbers>.dmp : please zip this file and send it to us by email at support@outlook-apps.com.

This way we can gather the most precise information about the crash cause. Thank you!

Also, please make sure you are using the very latest update of Bells & Whistles. You can download it from here: http://www.outlook-apps.com/download/bells-whistles/

--------------