Powerful Outlook Add-ins

Service Support Forum for DS Development Add-ins and Utilities
It is currently Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:20 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re-installing B&W
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 12:23 am 
Hi,
I am currently using OutlookXP and I sync my PST files between a desktop and laptop (when I travel). If I am using B&W (still considering as you can see), will the notes be included in the PST files when I sync or do I have to copy a specific folder in order to work.

In case I have to install my Outlook, how do I ensure that B&W notes will be intact.

Does it have any reported conflict with OUTLOOK ATTACHMENT SNIFFER?

Thanks.
Frederick

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 7:14 am 
Site Admin

The Bells & Whistles notes are recorded within the PST file, so when you sync your desktop with your laptop, the notes will be included, too. Of course, you also need Bells & Whistles to be running on your laptop, so you can use the notes. Just to be on the safe side, install Bells & Whistles on your laptop before you do the sync.

On the Outlook reinstallation: as long as you save/backup/restore the original PST file, the notes will still be there. Even if you uninstall Bells & Whistles, the notes will be kept further within the PST file.

About Outlook Attachment Sniffer, there are no known conflicts.

Regards
Bogdan

Post subject: Slow down
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 10:32 am 
Hi,
Thanks and just installed the trial version. Noticed a slow down whenever I click a sub-folder or reply an email. Is it due to the B&W?

My PST file is currently about 200Mb.

Thanks.
Fred

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 11:34 am 
Site Admin

It can be due to B&W, but only if the feature for "automatically adding people to your contacts when replying" is enabled AND if you already have a *very* large Contacts list.

That is the only feature that can slow down Outlook, at least in theory.

On the sub-folder clicks, that should only happen for the first time when you click on that sub-folder, after you installed B&W. This is because Outlook needs to prepare the new messages view which contains the Notes column. But as I said, it should only happen once per each folder.

Regards
Bogdan

Post subject: Size added to PST
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 3:03 pm 
Hi,
How large will the size of my PST file increase with B&W? And assuming no notes are added, what is the likely increase in size (currently about 200Mb).

Thanks.
Frederick

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 5:50 pm 
Site Admin

Well, if no notes are added, the PST file will not increase at all. Except for the notes, all the other information about Bells & Whistles (settings, text templates, etc) is recorded into the Windows registry, not within the PST file.

Even if you add notes, they are just plain text so the PST file size will mostly be increased with a few Kb.

Regards
Bogdan