Powerful Outlook Add-ins

Service Support Forum for DS Development Add-ins and Utilities
It is currently Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:39 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 2:40 pm 
Hello,

I have just started using Bells & Whistles and so far it isn't going so well. I am having two problems.

The most important feature for me is the Notes functionality.

The first problem I am having is that any mail I try to send just stays in my outbox with a sent date of none. I have tried turning off all of the features of B & W but the only thing that works is to disable Bells & Whistles completely. Once I disable B & W, everything goes back to normal.

The second error I get when I go to the Today Screen. The following post has a picture towards the bottom with a similar error message. I get several different error numbers if I go there multiple times but the same general error.

http://www.emailaddressmanager.com/foru ... c.php?t=27

And here are the error numbers I have seen.
0xE9320009
0xDEE20009
0x84120009
0xB3820009

Using the Outlook Add-in Utility, I disabled each add-in I had running, one at a time. I made sure to shutdown Outlook before making any changes. I still had the above two problems even when Bells & Whistles was the only active Outlook Add-in.

I am running Outlook 2003 on Windows XP SP2 with all of the latest updates. Here is a list of the addins I am using according to your Outlook Add-in Utility.
Bells and Whistles
Getting Things Done (listed twice - second time further down)
Microsoft VBA for Outlook Add-in
Outclass Add-in
anagram Add-in for Outlook
Getting Things Done
Lookout
NewsLook

[/img]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 5:07 pm 
I accidentally submitted the message too early.

Wanted to add that I am very interested in getting Bells & Whistles working. I would appreciate any help in getting B & W working on my system.

Thanks.

David

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 5:59 pm 
Site Admin

Hi David,

Sorry for my late reply, but I took some time to investigate your specific problem.

For sure, the errors are related to conflicts with 3rd party addins. I know you manually disabled them one by one and the situation didn't change, but even if you disable them, they still load into Outlook (although you can't use them anymore) and so the conflicts are not eliminated.

Honestly, you have so many addins installed, that it is likely for such situations to appear. It is not because one addin would be worse or better than the other, but simply because Outlook doesn't handle well many addins at the same time. To give you a simple example, if two addins try to access the same Outlook resource at the same time, Outlook is likely to crash...

On the other hand, I installed all the addins you mentioned and unfortunately it works fine for me (I said "unfortunately" because I hoped to ge the same errors so we can track and maybe fix them). As a result, based on other experiences with similar situations, I believe the errors are caused by some specific settings you made on one of the other addins which are causing conflicts with Bells & Whistles.

On the Outlook Today errors, can you please let me know if & how you customized the default Today view?

Thanks,
Bogdan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 9:41 pm 
Site Admin

Follow up: we finally found a problem related to the Outlook Today view which has causing crashes. We fixed it and the updated version (2.5.46) is now available for download on our site.

Regards
Bogdan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2005 6:41 pm 
Thanks Bogdan! I will give that a try.

David

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 9:51 am 
Site Admin

You're welcome.

Bogdan