Powerful Outlook Add-ins

Service Support Forum for DS Development Add-ins and Utilities
It is currently Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:21 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 6:29 pm 
I am currently evaluating the Bells ans Whis. for Outlook and I was wondering would it be possible to right click on the message and select "add notes"?

Also, how can I search for notes using outlook search? Or any other?

Sasa .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 7:54 pm 
Site Admin

As a matter of fact, earlier Bells & Whistles versions allowed you to insert notes by right clicking on the email, but we discovered that the function created Outlook conflicts on certain situations, so we got rid of it.

If we will find a safe way to add our own option to the right click menu, then we will surely bring it back.

You can search notes by using the Outlook advanced search: click on the Outlook Find button, then go to its Options menu, select Advanced Find and a new window will popup. Go to the "Advanced" tab and define a new criteria for the search session using the "Fields" button.

This way, you can select the Notes column from the "Taks fields" list and make the criteria so its content matches your keyword (simply add your search words for the "equals" value). If you then start the search, Outlook will display only those emails containing the given search words.

Regards
Bogdan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 9:17 am 
Well, cool about the right click... However, the search you've described does not work. I am using Outlook 2003. When I select Notes from "Task Fields" and try to add it as search criteria with "equals" relation, I get message saying "The value is not valid" (I do not get this message for numeric values").

Any suggestions?

Sasa .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 6:57 pm 
Site Admin

On the find function, can you please repeat the process through the Advanced tab, but instead of selecting the Notes field from the "Task Fields" category, go to the "User defined fields in folder" category and select "BWMessageNoteText".

Regards
Bogdan