Powerful Outlook Add-ins

Service Support Forum for DS Development Add-ins and Utilities
It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:21 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 5:33 am 

HI All,

I have downloaded the trial version B&W v3 to test before buy. I have 100 users in a domain environment using Windows XPSP2/ Outlook 2003 SP2 workstations.

I've ran across some issues with some options that we really need within B&W.

1. Always reply using HTML: When we receive emails in Plain Text and reply to them, the email changes to HTML but doesn’t add our standard signature which is set under Tool/Option/Mail Format/Signatures. We are using Word as our email editor also.

2. Include attachments from original message: When replying to emails with this option checked, the attachments double-up. I found to stop this you need to also check the option “include a list of original attachments” to stop this happening. Is there a newer version that fixes this?

3. Alert on missing attachment(s): This feature works great when sending a new email without a signature that contains a picture etc. Is it possible for this to work with our current signature?

Thanks in Advance

Mario

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 5:18 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Mario,

To answer your questions:
1. Bells & Whistles changes the message format AFTER Outlook gets to initiate the new message. This means that, for Outlook, the message is going to be composed in plain text, so it can't insert your rich-text signature. Then, Outlook doesn't monitor to see if the message format was changed, so it doesn't insert the signature even if Bells & Whistles changed the mail format to HTML;
2. we are not aware of a bug like the one that you described (doubled attachments) - we just tested and it works fine on our end. The latest version is 3.0.144 - what version are you running? You can see the full version number under the About Us window of the Bells & Whistles Outlook toolbar;
3. When the message is to be sent, Outlook attaches the signature image as a regular file attachment... so, when Bells & Whistles scans the email, it finds the image and it internally reports it as having a file attachment - as a result, it doesn't trigger the missing attachment alert.

I hope it clarifies the questions, although unfortunately my answers are not solving the issues you reported.

Kind regards,
Bogdan