Powerful Outlook Add-ins

Service Support Forum for DS Development Add-ins and Utilities
It is currently Wed Oct 16, 2019 5:18 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 4:43 pm 

There are only two programs that I have found where you can add notes to messages in Outlook and this product from DS Development seems to be my nearly-perfect solution. I think the only way I'd want to give this a try is if the notes were indexed by a desktop application such as Google Desktop or MSN Desktop Search. The indexing is pretty much the only reason I'd want to add notes to a message anyway...I can't live without my desktop search apps.

:D

Any plans to incorporate this type of indexing?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 10:25 am 
Site Admin

The Notes column added by our product is saved within the Outlook PST file, as a standard entry. As a result the Notes data can be indexed by any desktop application such as Google Desktop or MSN Desktop Search. We don't have to do anything special in order to make the Notes data to be index able.

You need to make sure that your desktop search application is set to index every Outlook data field.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 3:46 pm 

Thanks for the reply! Well, I downloaded the trial and MSN Desktop Search does not seem to be indexing this tab and there are no configuration options. The only real advanced configuration for desktop search is to pick file locations and extensions. Since this MSN product has extremely tight integration with Outlook 2003, I would have thought that it would have indexed this "Notes" field but it apparently doesn't. I suppose I might hold out until someone maybe develops an add-in for Desktop Search.

Thanks!