Powerful Outlook Add-ins

Service Support Forum for DS Development Add-ins and Utilities
It is currently Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:36 pm

All times are UTC

Do you think we should focus on adding new features or on enhancing the current set of features?
Adding new functions should be the top priority. 55%  55%  [ 6 ]
Improving the current set of features should be on top of the list. 45%  45%  [ 5 ]
Total votes : 11
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 10:21 am 
Site Admin

We are continuously looking to improve Bells & Whistles for Outlook and our plan is to release a greatly improved version every 6 months or so.

To do that, we strongly rely on your suggestions and feedback. Bells & Whistles is designed for you, so you are the one to decide what makes it better.

If you have any suggestions for adding more bells & whistles to the product, please don't hesitate to post them here or to email them to us at suggest@emailaddressmanager.com.

If your suggestions are do-able, it is likely that they will make their entrance into the next Bells & Whistles release.

Thanks a lot!
The DS Development Team

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 4:31 am 

Bogdan:

I would really like to see a 'redirect' feature in Outlook. I used to use Eudora on a Mac and it had that feature.

Redirection keeps the original sender as the sender, doesn't add quotes to the forwarded message and allows a message to be added by the redirector.

Eudora used to change part of the header to say 'by way of' and the name of the person that had redirected the message.

Thanks,

--Greg

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 10:42 am 
Site Admin

Adding a redirect function is on our list for the new version of Bells & Whistles. Unfotunately, we keep delaying the release date of the new version, because while we are progressing we find more and more goodies to add to the product...

Kind regards
Bogdan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 12:42 pm 

GO! DS Development.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 12:50 pm 

PS: I don't have that long on my 12 months free updates. :-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 4:25 am 

Hi,

Love your product, and it's always nice to see the development team actively responding in these forums. Good job!

Is it possible to include a date/time stamp on the notes, as an option?
Whenever I add a note, the first thing I do is put the date, then a colon, then my text.

If there is currently a way to do this, please let me know.

Thanks!

Jackie :P

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 1:27 pm 

I would like to see the following improvements:

1: Use af random Greeting. So that every message does'nt start with "Hi [name]," but could cycle trough
"Hi [Name],"
"Hello [name],"
"Hey"
and whatever I define.

2: The same goes for the text which normally is palced above a official company signature. It seems very machine-like always to use the same "farewell" above the signature (it is part of the signature at the moment)! So I would like to be able to spicify some different "farewell's" that should be inserted randomly. E.g.
"Sincerely, Christian"
"Kind regards, Christian"
"Regards, Chr."
and so on..

Especially no. 2 would be an great improvement to the robot like communications that emails with automation seems to create.

Perhabs you should be able to define a different set of greetings for new messages and replys? (Or e.g. mark which text should be used for either or both..)

Thanks! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 9:11 am 
Site Admin

For sure, the suggestions you made will be part of the new Bells & Whistles version. As a matter of fact, they are already implemented, but we are still some work to do on the new version before it's released as a commercial product.

Please check our forum in max a couple of weeks: we will release a free beta of B&W, before releasing the commercial version.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 1:52 pm 

On the "Send Rules" - could you add functionality to base the rule on the recepient's category? e.g. I have three businesses and all the email comes to Outlook. I've got my Adress Book categorized by business. It would be great if I could set it up to send from the right account, based on the category of who the email is going to.

Secondly - when setting up a template, you can't use the normal Edit keyboard shortcutes (Ctrl+V), etc.

Finally - is there a way to set a background color on a template?

Thanks for a great product!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 11:12 am 
Site Admin

Hi Tommy,

We are considering implementing in a future version of Bells & Whistles your idea where the users can easily select all the email addresses from a specific category for the email address filter.

We know about the keyboard shortcuts issue and we are trying to solve it as soon as possible. We are sorry about this inconvenience.

You can't change the background color for the template. It would be impossible to insert a template with a background into an email with a different background color.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 9:49 pm 

If i understand djtommye right, it would be absolutely amazing if B&W could implement this feature. I can't express how much i hate that Exchange always sends mail from the default name/address, no matter what address the message you replied to was sent from. I want to reply with the same email address the message was sent to.

The redirect suggestion mentioned would also be really nice! I don't understand why it's not implemented in Outlook?

PS! I also posted some suggestions here, before i noticed this thread: http://www.emailaddressmanager.com/foru ... .php?t=760

:oops:

(why doesn't [b]bbcode[/b] work in this thread?)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 12:38 am 

I have multiple email accounts aggregated into Outlook. I wrote a custom macro that asks me if I am using the right account before sending/replying to a message. I would love it if you could put this functionality into your alerts area.

It would also be cool if you could remove the email address of the account I selected from the to:/cc: fields to prevent me from receiving emails from myself.

Cheers

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 12:57 pm 

Dear Sir/Madame,

I hope you understand me, my english isn't very good.

After long time, we found here the Re-send function.
But it should be very, very great to add an automatically resend function:

1: You send a message,
2: when the message isn't replayed within for example 14 days >>>> de message automatically resend the message, than it count again 14 days, and when it isn't replayed, send it again, end so on.

possibillity to modify the count of days
possibillity to switch off/on for each sent email.

When you can make this, you make me very glad, and i want to pay for it extra.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:29 am 

-Having a few filters on your mail like a list of people who haven't replied.
-Having the ability to autonumber your title
-language recognition (when replied back) to set different mail templates

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:07 am 

Hi Peterv,

Thank you for your suggestion. We will consider this in a further update.

Kind Regards,
Andrew Smith

DS Development Support Team

http://www.outlook-apps.com
Email Productivity Blog
Follow us on Twitter
Join our Facebook Fan Page
Email: support@outlook-apps.com