Powerful Outlook Add-ins

Service Support Forum for DS Development Add-ins and Utilities
It is currently Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:49 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 4:24 pm 

The last few weeks I've been experimenting with Outlook views - I know this is probably foolhardy but if I can get them the way I want, it will be a big bonus to the way I use Outlook.

What has this to do with B&W? Well, I'm incorporating a B&W Notes column in many of the views, but not all. What I've noticed is that the check box for 'Show note column on current view' does not reflect the status of the current view. Once it is turn on, it is always on whether or not the view is displaying the B&W Notes.

This then makes it hard to turn on the Notes Column because you don't actually know if it is on or off. What I do at present to turn the Notes Column ON in a view is, uncheck the box and then check the box again. This seems to work.

Also, there can be a delay between turning the 'Show note column on current view' option on and seeing it appear in the view. I normally close the folder and then open it again to get the Notes column to appear.

Working with Outlook views can be extremely fickle. I use five PST files in addition to the Default Mailbox. I don't know if this makes the job harder but I've certainly seen some bizarre behaviour. If anyone has a good reference for learning the more sophisticated side of Outlook views, I'd apprecite your advice. Also, does anyone know where the Outlook default views, such as Messages, is stored?