Powerful Outlook Add-ins

Service Support Forum for DS Development Add-ins and Utilities
It is currently Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:38 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 1:41 pm 

It looks like "Automatically put people I reply to in" acts in a similar way to 'Always use this Reply-To address". If adds the person's address to the nominated Contacts list everytime. It should check to see if the address is in the Contacts list before adding it.

(Bogdan, I would like to preview version 3. I've emailed you.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 12:48 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Greg,

Hmm, we re-tested and we can't reproduce the problem you reported (re-adding the person's address to Outlook Contacts everytime a reply is sent). Can you give me more details about it? Do you save these contacts to the defauls Contacts folder or not? Do you use MS Exchange, too? What version of B&W are you using?

Regards,
Bogdan
PS: I didn't forget about v3, I shall email you about it as soon as possible, this week.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 5:02 pm 

Bogdan:

I've rechecked my claim and I have some new information for you.

The option "Automatically put people I reply to in" no longer makes duplicate entries in the contact list. Here's my disjointed observations:

(1) I still have the Contact list where I observed the duplicate entries. There's three copies of the same email address.

(2) No new entries have been added to the Contact list for quite a while. I tested the action tonight and found that B&W was not adding new entries. I tried reconnecting to the Contact list through Options> Browse and tested again. B&W still failed to add email addresses to the Contact and I know for a fact I have never used these addresses before.

(3) I created a new Contact list, connected the B&W to it via the "Automatically put people I reply to in" Browse button. This time it worked!

On the face of it, the Contact list I used first would appear to be 'corrupted' so that B&W cannot write to it. There was no error message when I reconnected with B&W.

Here's the environemental factors:

A) I recently updated B&W to version 2.5.68.0 from the previous version. I think I started trying "Automatically put people I reply to in" after updating but I can't be certain.

B) The Contact list is a folder NOT in the default mailbox, but in a seperate PST file called, 'Common Resources.pst'.

C) In the same period that I was testing "Automatically put people I reply to in" I was also restructuring my PST files. Both the default mailbox and my 'Common Resources.pst' would have had their external filenames and internal folder names changed but I cannot recall the series of events.

D) Normally, my emails are sent immediately. If the link with the Maill (SMTP) server was broken so that messages couldn't be sent straightaway, there could have been three or more messages waiting to go. When does the "Automatically put people I reply to in" function operate? I wonder if it could be a timing issue related to when the messages actually get sent?

Have fun. :D