Powerful Outlook Add-ins

Service Support Forum for DS Development Add-ins and Utilities
It is currently Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:38 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 10:53 pm 
There was a problem during the initial install of Bells and Whistles. When I brought Outlook back up it prompted me to keep B&W enabled or to disable it. I mistakenly chose disable.

Now I cannot find the toolbar to re-enable it. I can't find it under toolbars, options, add-ins, etc.

A full uninstall, reboot of the computer and reinstall still does not bring B&W back.

Any ideas?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 2:36 pm 
Site Admin

Just to make sure you are not missing any step:

1. exit Outlook, then uninstall Bells & Whistles using the Uninstall link from the Bells & Whistles start->programs group (don't use the Windows Control Panel Add/Remove feature).

2. download and install the product again (click on the top/right Download button of this page). Make sure Outlook is not running while installing it.

3. after you installed it, start Outlook. If the toolbar is still missing, see if there is a Bells & Whistles menu option under the Outlook Tools menu.

If there is a Bells & Whistles menu option, then you can manually enable the toolbar by right clicking over the Outlook toolbars space and selecting BellsandWhistles.

If there is no Bells & Whistles menu option under the Outlook Tools, then start the Add-in Utility which was installed with Bells & Whistles (you can start it from the Bells & Whistles start->programs group). If Bells & Whistles is listed in the addins list and it shows as disabled, then select it and click on the "Enable" button. Then restart Outlook.

Please let me know how it goes.

Bogdan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 3:38 pm 
I was using the Add-In manager in Outlook not the one that came with B&W.

That worked... thanks!

I just purchased it!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 3:42 pm 
Site Admin

Welcome onboard!

We believe our add-in utility is better then the standard Outlook feature, because it also lists hidden add-ins (useful if you play with many 3rd party add-ins).

Bogdan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 7:59 pm 
bogdan wrote:
We believe our add-in utility is better then the standard Outlook feature, because it also lists hidden add-ins (useful if you play with many 3rd party add-ins).

Yes, I noticed that a couple of other add-ins showed up using your utility that I was not able to see from within Outlook.

Thanks again.