Powerful Outlook Add-ins

Service Support Forum for DS Development Add-ins and Utilities
It is currently Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:16 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Installation Issue
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 12:45 am 
I share my computer with my wife - runninf Win XP. I have an interewst in B&W, but my wife does not. Although I get an option to install it just for my log-in. if I do that it does not work. If I install it just for my login, I get an error saying that it cannot enable the key to make B&W active. If I ignore the error and install, it Outlook reports B&W an an enabled Add-in, but it is no where to be found when you open outlook. If I then go back and reinstall it for everyone that uses the computer, it works fine.

Help.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 7:50 am 
Site Admin

Your Windows user account must have admin rights on your computer, otherwise the B&W installation script can't write its values on your Windows registry. Make sure your user account has full rights (admin) on your computer (you can verify it by logging on with the administrator account and checking your user settings from the Control Panel).

Another solution would be to install B&W for everyone, then for your wife to disable it from her Outlook profile (she can disable the addin itself or she can just disable the addin toolbar by right clicking on it and deselecting it).

Bogdan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 10:46 am 
Site Admin

We found a problem within our product which may have prevented you from properly installing Bells & Whistles on your computer.

So, please uninstall the current version (make sure Outlook is not running while uninstalling), then download and install the updated version from here:
http://www.emailaddressmanager.com/outlookbells.exe

Bogdan