Powerful Outlook Add-ins

Service Support Forum for DS Development Add-ins and Utilities
It is currently Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:21 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:30 pm 

I am running Outlook 2007 (fully updated) on XP Pro on a Dell Optiplex GX620. Outlook crashes 4-5 times a day due to the Bells and Whistles Add-in. I am using the following add-ins-

1. Xobni Plus
2. Mapilab Attachments processor, email follow up, toolbox, sent personally, quick templates
3. Template phrases and autobcc
4. McAfee 7.5
5. Adobe acrobat add-in (from Acrobat 8 )

Every 2 or 3 hours I have outlook open, it crashes. As far as I can tell, it happens if I am actively using outlook or if I simply have it running in the background. I have no clue what is prompting this add in to crash.

Every time it crashes, windows asks me if I would like to send a "large amount" of data due Outlook crashing. I always click yes and it takes about 45 minutes to send the data.

In my event viewer, I get the following over, and over, and over-

"Faulting application outlook.exe, version 12.0.6504.5000, stamp 49e7f47e, faulting module bwaddin.dll, version 3.0.175.0, stamp 49f6f18c, debug? 0, fault address 0x000f9489."

I end up taking large amounts of time while Outlook "crashes" and sends an extended error report to Microsoft. I am a power user of Outlook and have several add-ins and none of them have this close to the number of technical problems introduced by the installation of Bells and Whistles. I am hoping that someone on this forum can help me work through this problem and assuage some of the buyers remorse I am experiencing from purchasing an add-in that completely hoses outlook. I am feeling that since I have several other add-ins that do not cause each other to crash, that Bells and Whistles is so far proving to be a very underwhelming and inferior product.

I am hoping that DS Development will stand by its product- so far I would not purchase another product from them again seeing as all the other add ins I have are almost 100% reliable. Even Xobni does not give me this much grief.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:12 am 
Site Admin

Can you please advise what options of Bells & Whistles are you using (enabled)? There might be conflicts between the Bells & Whistles NOTES feature and 3rd party add-ins. Try to disable the notes feature (from the Bells & Whistles Options window -> Alerts & Notes - see the bottom options), restart Outlook and see if it makes any difference in terms of crashes.