Powerful Outlook Add-ins

Service Support Forum for DS Development Add-ins and Utilities
It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:18 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 5:38 am 

Hello:

Could a kind soul help explaining with details how to restore my Bells and Whistles created templates from a Hard Drive Image. My computer crashed, I was able to recover the hard drive intact, but had to start reloading everything in a new computer. I never made a backup of the Templates in Bells & Whistles and would be a nightmare to have to re-create them again.

Your help is very much appreciated in advanced.

Thanks.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:13 am 

Hi,

In order to restore the templates from Bells & Whistles you will need the image of the folder C:\Documents and Settings\<USER>\Application Data\DS Development\bw , where <USER> is the name of the user you are logged on.
If you do have this copy of the folder then install B&W on your new machine and replace this folder with the old one.

Kind Regards,
Andrew Smith

DS Development Support Team

http://www.outlook-apps.com
Email Productivity Blog
Follow us on Twitter
Join our Facebook Fan Page
Email: support@outlook-apps.com

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:23 pm 

Thanks, but this seems to only be a partial fix and/or I need further information. I replace the entire folder after closing all applications, and after opening up Outlook and Bells & Whistles and checking in Bells & whistles/Options/Templates all of my templates show up, which is great, but I am unable to open, insert, or modify them.

When I try to modify any of my templates I get the following Bells & Whistles error message:
"Failed to copy text template html resources. Error code 0x80070402"

When I try to insert any of my templates in an email I get the following Bells & Whistles error message:
"Failed to insert template. This file could not be found. Try one or more of the following: *Check the spelling of the name of the document. Try a different file name. C:...\{526FB344-C489-4DFA-9891-3B3BC...)..."

It seems there is another step to complete this restoring of templates.

I need your help urgently please. I will be waiting for a reply. Thanks in advance.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 7:06 am 
Site Admin

Hi,

Make sure you copied both the HTMLTemplates (including all its subfolders) and the options.xml file from your backup location to C:\Documents and Settings\<USER>\Application Data\DS Development\bw

If it still doesn't work, can you please email us the above folders/files (zip them to a single archive) at mailto:support@emailaddressmanager.com?

Thank you,
Bogdan