Powerful Outlook Add-ins

Service Support Forum for DS Development Add-ins and Utilities
It is currently Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:30 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 2:16 am 

I did a fresh installation of Windows XP and Office 2007. Then, i subsequently installed B&W, and it has some serious issues.

In all of the below cases, I have disaled ALL add-ons in Outlook except for Bells and Whistles. Additionally, I have disabled (unchecked) every single option offered by B&W in the settings.

If the B&W add-in is enabled, it takes nearly five minutes for Outlook to load, and the memory usage of outlook.exe grows to 180 megabytes according to task manager. Again, no other plugins are enabled, and all b&w features are disabled. If i go into the trust center and disable the B&W addin, and restart Outlook, Outlook opens immediately and memory usage is at 23 megabytes. If i then go back into trust center and checkmark the B&W plugin, outlook freezes until memory usage is 180 megabytes again.

My pst file is around 1.5 gigabytes large -- if i disable B&W, delete all of my emails from it, and enable B&W, B&W appears to work normally. but as soon as i try importing my email database back in, B&W makes Outlook unbearably slow. Obviously B&W is trying to do something with the every message in the PST when it shouoldnt be.

The next issue is that if i am looking in a search folder and delete an email, B&W will crash outlook EVERY time. Outlook even gives a message pointing the finger at B&W, i am attaching a screenshot.

Next, is when I move all of my messages to my exchange server instead of a pst. all of the above problems still occur, with the addition of a message "your server administrator has limited the number of items you can have open simultaneously..." the thing is, the only thing i have done is started outlook, and clicked on a message in the inbox. i havent opened any other messages. it is obvious B&W is opening a large number of connections on its own, when it shouldn't be. i am attaching the error massage also.

I have tried un-installing B&W, rebooting, same thing.

Please let me know what else can be done to track down why B&W is doing this. it is not Outlook 2007's fault, nor any add-ins (they are all disabled). At some point in time the productivity lost from B&W crashing Outlook outweight the benefits it provides.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 2:21 am 

here are the errors:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 12:10 pm 
Site Admin

I am sorry for these problems. Since you noticed that B&W seems to be working fine if you have an empty mailbox, I think the problem is somehow related to the large PST file. Can you run a Detect & Repair job over that PST file (from the Outlook Help menu), then restart Outlook and see if B&W works better?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 4:52 pm 

bogdan wrote:
I am sorry for these problems. Since you noticed that B&W seems to be working fine if you have an empty mailbox, I think the problem is somehow related to the large PST file. Can you run a Detect & Repair job over that PST file (from the Outlook Help menu), then restart Outlook and see if B&W works better?

do you mean the Help-->Office Diagnostics? If so, I have run both the "Compact Now" on the pst, and also the Office Diagnostics (which didnt find anything wrong)

one other note, even with an empty mailbox (except for 2-3 messages), B&W still crashes Outlook if i delete an email in a search folder.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 8:40 am 
Site Admin

Can you please disable the Email Notes feature (from the Bells & Whistles Options menu -> Alerts & Notes), restart Outlook and see if you still get errors when deleting a message from the Search view?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 5:07 pm 

bogdan wrote:
Can you please disable the Email Notes feature (from the Bells & Whistles Options menu -> Alerts & Notes), restart Outlook and see if you still get errors when deleting a message from the Search view?

It is already disabled -- I have EVERY option disabled, and it still crashes Outlook.