Powerful Outlook Add-ins

Service Support Forum for DS Development Add-ins and Utilities
It is currently Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:54 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 5:26 pm 

Hi,
I just download & purchased Bells & Whistles v3. I have Vista Ultimate and Outlook 2007. I did a complete install and uninstall several times. If I open Outlook B & W is not there. It does not show up in the add-in utility and any of the Outlook add-in folders. It is installed into it's own folder OK. How do I copy the DLL's to the correct Outlook add-in folder as there seems to be several in Vista (Local & Roaming) manually to get it to work and which DLL files.

Thanks,

Carmen

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 7:55 am 
Site Admin

Hi Carmen,

B&W v3 works fine on Vista - just please make sure you are running the latest update of B&W. Just in case, download the setup from our web site and install it (maybe you obtained the setup file from a different web site and maybe it's an older version). You can download it from here: http://www.emailaddressmanager.com/outlook-bells3.exe

Also, while Outlook is running, please open the Windows Processes List / Task Manager (usually by using CTRL + ALT + DEL) and let me know if you see a process running called BWOpts.exe

Regards,
Bogdan

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 4:04 pm 

I downloaded the trial version of Bells and Whistles running Vista and Outlook 2007. When I open Outlook, it shows B&W tips etc and is apparently running, but there is nothing available on the toolbar. I ran the task manager per your instructions to Carmen and the BWOpts.exe file is active. I've uninstalled and re-installed as did Carmen using your own website (as I did the first time), but no difference in activation. I'm anxious to evaluate your software. Help.

Thanks,

Michael

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 5:03 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Michael,

If you right click over the Outlook toolbars area (where you normally see the Reply / Reply to All / Forward buttons), do you see an entry named Bells&Whistles?

Also, please check the Outlook 2007 Trust Center (under the Outlook Tools menu) and see if Bells & Whistles is set to be active or not.

Regards,
Bogdan

--------------
http://www.outlook-apps.com

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 5:42 pm 

Thanks for your reply.

I don't see anything relative to Bells & Whistles when "right-clicking" anywhere in that area.

I had already checked the Trust Center & it is there, and on. Not that it should matter, but the B&W entry has quotation marks (or *) around it and none of the other entries does.

Michael

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 7:08 pm 

Bogdan,

I kept trying to figure it out & shutdown Outllook and restarted it a couple of times. One of the screens that came up at the start of Outlook had a "Try it" button. I didn't realize it was necessary to click on that button in order to initialize the program each time when you are on a trial version.

Michael

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 7:26 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Michael,

Yes, you must click on the "Try it" button in order to initialize B&W. That window should popup over the main Outlook window, so it should be clearly visible when you start Outlook.

Bogdan