Powerful Outlook Add-ins

Service Support Forum for DS Development Add-ins and Utilities
It is currently Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:30 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 5:38 pm 

Hello - we have been using B&W for some time now - works great - but today we had an issue and had to uninstall, then reinstall the program to get it working again...but, now, our 50+ email templates are no where to be found?

How do we reload these templates, etc? Where are they stored? We do have a backup copy of the DS Development folder where the program was installed, from before we did the reinstall....please advise - this is a critical issue for us.

Thank you

- Chad

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:39 am 
Site Admin

Hi Chad,

As we already discussed by email, you should have performed a templates export/backup using the B&W export feature, in order to save and re-import them after the program reinstallation.

The templates are not stored on the installation folder of B&W (of which you made a backup): they are stored in the Windows User profile folder, under the Application Data folder -> DS Development -> BW -> HTML Templates.

For example, on Windows Vista, the full path is: C:\Users\User_Name\AppData\Roaming\DS Development\bw\HTMLTemplates

Regards,
Bogdan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 2:03 pm 

Unfortunatley, it's not possible to perform a backup when the program will not load (i.e. not possible to access backup/export menu) and that's the REASON for why I had to uninstall and then reinstall....

Does this mean we need to be exporting our templates on a regular basis to ensure backups exist in the event something like this happen again - the pogram fails to open?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 5:05 pm 
Site Admin

You do not need to uninstall/reinstall the program, if it fails to load. Please go to your Windows Start menu -> Programs -> DS Development -> Bells & Whistles -> open the Outlook Addin Utility. On its main window, you will get a list of all Outlook add-ins that you have installed. Locate Bells & Whistles and check its status (enabled/disabled). If it's disabled, select it and click on the Activate button, then save & exit, then restart Outlook.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 9:05 pm 

Thank you - we have multiple backups of the entire drive - onsite and off so I have 100% of our data, per day, for the last 30 days - I was able to recover the data from the user file for the day before the reinstall based on the info you provided regarding the location of the templates....we are back online with NO loss of data!

Also, I will keep in mind the process to get the program to reload if we have any future issues...versus doing a reinstall...

Finally, thanks for your great response times - you all provide excellent customer service - I just picked up another 2 licenses for the program.

Take care.

- Chad