Powerful Outlook Add-ins

Service Support Forum for DS Development Add-ins and Utilities
It is currently Sun Nov 17, 2019 2:53 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2004 3:53 pm 

I sadly report Email Sentinal Pro does not work--at least not to strip HTML from incoming messages. I've tested and tested, checked and checked, mailed and remailed, but always nothing but HTML-formatted messages come through as always. No HTML is removed. No images are removed. No HTML coding is removed. Nothing happens--except for the software to consume computer resources.

Any suggestions for someone using Outlook 2000? BTW, my e-mail is not coming in encrypted.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2004 4:03 pm 
Site Admin

It must work :D

First of all, please check if your Outlook incoming mail server port is the same as the Email Sentinel Pro mail server port (by default, it is port 110 for POP3 and port 143 for IMAP accounts). If they don't match, please modify the Email Sentinel Pro mail server port to match the Outlook settings.

Then, can you please let me know which product version are you using (v2.5, v2.6, v2.7)? Also, which protection options were enabled during your tests?

Regards
Bogdan

Post subject: It works!
PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2004 5:20 pm 

Hey, I'm sorry about that. It does seem to be working. It appears a system restart was necessary. Fantastic! This is first app that actually does what it says when making Outlook 2000 more secure with HTML messages! Thank you, but...

...one site says it is freeware for noncommercial use, but another says it is shareware with [only] a seven-day trial period. Which is it? (And unfortunately, I do not remember which said which. Sorry. But, I'll try to look around again and find it, if you like.) And if it is fee-based, is there someway it can be purchased without a credit card? Hopefully so. If not, it's back to the past. :(

Now, let me quickly run over to SnapFiles.com and make sure I didn't submit a less than positive review. I now promise to give it a most excellent recommendation--even if I will not be able to use it w/o a credit card. Regardless, thank you for an excellent product and very timely service to respond to my posting here.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2004 5:28 pm 

I have sent an e-mail to SnapFiles.com asking them to NOT submit the negative review I gave your software earlier today. I hope that works. If not, I will follow up. You deserve only praise.

A question: Where do I configure or make changes to ESP? I cannot find anywhere to do so on my system. I see the program in its folder in Program Files, but I don't think I see any configuration options there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2004 5:32 pm 
Site Admin

Up until v2.5, it was indeed a freeware product, but starting with v2.6 (now the official live version is v2.7) it costs $14.85 per license.

Probably some sites still list an old product description & version.

Don't worry about the snapfiles negative review: you can always go to download.com and submit a positive review :wink:

Regards
Bogdan

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2004 5:37 pm 
Site Admin

ZenWarrior wrote:
I have sent an e-mail to SnapFiles.com asking them to NOT submit the negative review I gave your software earlier today. I hope that works. If not, I will follow up. You deserve only praise.

A question: Where do I configure or make changes to ESP? I cannot find anywhere to do so on my system. I see the program in its folder in Program Files, but I don't think I see any configuration options there.

First of all, I am almost certain that you are running an older product version: I suggest you to download the latest ESP version from here: http://www.emailaddressmanager.com/esp_setup.exe (make sure you uninstall the current one before installing the updated version).

Secondary, once you started ESP, you will notice a new icon on your systray (where the Windows clock is displayed): right click on it to popup its options or simply double click on the systray icon. Here is a quick tutorial for it: http://www.emailaddressmanager.com/main_interface.html

Bogdan

Post subject: Oops...still confused.
PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2004 5:39 pm 

This is why I did not think it was working. I just had an HTML-based e-mail arrive. Although some HTML e-mails state: "To help protect your security, Email Sentinel Pro has restricted this email from activating content that could trigger email viruses, spam validators or email exploits. To view the original incoming email, please view the Email Sentinel Pro quarantine folder," this one and some others do not. They are all HTML and from the same source.

What's happening? When I look in the quarantine folder, some have back-ups and some do not. The ones with the informational message above are there. There others are not.

Also, where is the documentation or ReadMe for ESP? I hate to keep bothering you if I only need to RTFM. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2004 5:41 pm 

Thanks. However, if a credit card is required, I'm stuck with v2.5. :( I'd much rather pay you for both the updated version and your hard work.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2004 5:48 pm 
Site Admin

ZenWarrior wrote:
This is why I did not think it was working. I just had an HTML-based e-mail arrive. Although some HTML e-mails state: "To help protect your security, Email Sentinel Pro has restricted this email from activating content that could trigger email viruses, spam validators or email exploits. To view the original incoming email, please view the Email Sentinel Pro quarantine folder," this one and some others do not. They are all HTML and from the same source.

It depends on the protection level you chosen. As I explained above, you can open the main interface of ESP and you can play with various protection options. Depending on these settings, some emails will be skipped by ESP and some will be quarantined. You can choose the maximum protection level in order to have every incoming email converted into plain text.

ZenWarrior wrote:
Also, where is the documentation or ReadMe for ESP? I hate to keep bothering you if I only need to RTFM. :)

Once you enter the main interface of ESP (by using the systray icon), you can hit the F1 key to open the help file.

Except for credit card orders, we also accept PayPal orders, if this helps you....

Bogdan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2004 6:00 pm 

Thanks for your time and patience. It appears something went amiss with the initial installation. I saw none of the screens I saw upon reinstallation. No icon appeared in my system tray, either, the first time. And, there was also no Start file or uninstall option after the first installation so I simply deleted the folder from Program Files before reinstalling.

Thanks also for another payment option, but that still leaves me out in the cold. I also do not use PayPal. :( (I prefer cash in this age of too extensive electronic tracking. I'm a bit paranoid about various aspects of my privacy.) Oh well, at least I know there's something out there that works. Although it appears I will not be able to enjoy your software, I will certainly recommend it to others. Thanks again for a great product and excellent service here in your forums. You are to be commended. Both are becoming all too rare these days.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 10:53 pm 

I'm using v2.6 of ESP, and generally speaking it works very satisfactorily indeed - except for one extremely tiresome spam message which always arrives in HTML format from goodness knows how many different sources. It's always the same - I'm including at the end of this message the HTML for the first line, which displays the misspelt "Complete Phramacy", in blue letters. As far as I can make out, the reason why my Spam Filter message rules (to throw messages containing "Phramacy" into the spam bin) aren't responding to this message is that it's getting through in HTML, but I'm no techie and may be completely missing the point.

Any help available? Thanks.

Here's a bit of the HTML:

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN"
"http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd">
<html>
<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1">
<title>Complete Phramacy</title>
</head>

<body>
<div align="center">
<p><font size="7" color="#0066CC">Complete Phramacy</font>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 7:41 am 
Site Admin

Can you please download and use ESP v2.7? If you are a registered user, you will benefit of a free upgrade from v2.6 to v2.7.

ESP v2.7 solved several problems related to HTML emails.

Regards
Bogdan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 8:37 am 

Bogdan, thank you.

Am I right in thinking I have to uninstall 2.6 before installing 2.7? Will I need any details to do this other than my License Holder name and Purchase Reference?

Thanks,

Gareth

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 2:59 pm 
Site Admin

1. You only need your license holder name and reference number.
2. You need to uninstall the current version before installing v2.7. You can download v2.7 using the Download link from the top/right menu of this page.

Regards
Bogdan