Powerful Outlook Add-ins

Service Support Forum for DS Development Add-ins and Utilities
It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:25 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: hate to do this!:-)
PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 5:29 pm 

Well, I hate to be the first to post, and I hate to say stupid things like:

It doesn't work!:-)

Windows 98, Outlook 2000, pop3 port 110.

I use a 56k dialup. My ISP provides an acceleration program to speed up downloads.

I installed the program. I clicked the free try button. I let ESP detect my settings.

I started Outlook 2000. No mail will download. Timeout while attempting to connect with server error message.

ESP has an X over the icon - does this mean that it is disabled? Or is the yellow X just a part of the icon?

The only thing that is *not* default is that I installed into d:\program files......

I have rebooted, I have tried various combos of starting up (outlook first, then esp, esp, then outlook, connect to net, then start ect.)

Any ideas?

Thank you,

Dennis

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 8:46 am 
Site Admin

Hi Dennis,

The yellow X is part of the icon, it doesn't mean that ESP is disabled.

When receiving emails, ESP gets between Outlook and your mail server. If for example you are receiving a large email or your connection is too slow, Outlook might "think" that the connection was timed out, while in fact the email is still being downloaded by ESP. Try to increase the time out period: open Outlook, go to Tools -> Email Accounts, select your mail account, click on "Change", then click on "More Settings" and on the "Advanced" tab, increase the time out period to maximum.

Also, please let me know if the checkbox for "incoming server -> this server requires an ecrypted connection" is enabled (checked). If it is enabled, then ESP will not work for you, because the email transport is encrypted and so ESP can't properly parse and eliminate malware content from your emails.

Regards
Bogdan