Powerful Outlook Add-ins

Service Support Forum for DS Development Add-ins and Utilities
It is currently Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:52 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:10 pm 

Love the Auto Follow Up Emails for Outlook product, but there is one limitation before I can buy it.
When selecting the "Attach Original Message" feature, the followup email sends the original email as an attachment, rather than inline text below the followup email text.

Can you advise on a fix for this, or can you add to the new feature pipeline?

This is a major problem for me to recommend this product to my company and clients.

Other than this, it is perfect. Nicely done. Kindest regards

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:49 am 
Site Admin

Hi Duane,

Thanks a lot for your input.

The main reason why the original message is attached as a file and not inserted inline as a text below the followup message is because inserting it inline would require more Outlook resources, causing it to stall a little when the follow up email is generated. It may be annoying if you are writing an email at the time when the follow up email is generated in background...

However, we can offer it as an option that can be enabled (but disabled by default, so it doesn't cause trouble when testing it). We shall include it on the next update, but it will not be released sooner than a couple of weeks, as our team is now busy finalizing a new Outlook add-in product.

Kind regards,
Bogdan

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:19 pm 

Thanks Bogden. Appreciate your feedback, and glad this will be an option shortly. Please notify me (or this message board) when it is released.
Wishing you and your team continued success in developing great Outlook product enhancements!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:27 am 

Hello Bogdon,

Ive been a user of your software for many years and it has made me so productive. I have licenses to almost all of them. Thank you.

Regarding Auto Follow Up. I don't see the option to quote inline text vs. send previous email as an attachment in the current version of Auto Follow Up. This has become quite a big problem for me because many web based email clients do not support opening a .msg file. Therefore, users of gmail and yahoo and Hotmail accounts are unable to open the attached email referenced in the follow up. Futher, attaching the original email strips HTML formatting so even if the message can be opened, it doesn't retain its HTML format making it appear unprofessional.

I see that you mentioned including the inline text would be made available in the next release back in 2009 but I don't see an option to include inline text which I need very badly. I also think that it should attach any original documents which were sent in the original email when you select forward as inline text.

If this feature set exists in the current version, can you let me know how to use it? If it does not exist, can you add this feature ASAP?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:09 am 

Hello Bogdan,

I've been waiting for this feature for two years now. Many people are using web mail clients like gmail, hotmail, yahoo, etc. Also, many people now use mobile devices. Currently, Auto Follow Up attaches a copy of the previous message as a .msg file. Web mail clients do not understand this file format. As a result, the user ends up with a reference to an attached email that he/she cannot open. I beg you. Please add in line text as a option in auto follow up.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:05 pm 

Can we get a response to this?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:07 am 
Site Admin

Hi Robert,

We are working on a new Auto Follow Up version that will allow you to include the original email in-line.

--------------
http://www.outlook-apps.com

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:30 pm 

DsDev wrote:
Hi Robert,

We are working on a new Auto Follow Up version that will allow you to include the original email in-line.

That's great news! I've been waiting such a long time for this. I don't know how its gone this long without...........