Powerful Outlook Add-ins

Service Support Forum for DS Development Add-ins and Utilities
It is currently Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:04 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 12:42 am 

I am trying to get my PhotoImpact 10 to work. I have contacted Softwrap endless times, and they have not been able to fix my ongoing problem. I have tried everything from deleting and re-installing. Removing Softwrap (Folder) & Global.sw2 (File)...but nothing has worked. If someone can kindly help me...I really appreciate it.

These are the errors I get:

Error #5 accessing softwrap default registry
to run this program ask your administrator to create an hkey_current_user\software\softwrap registry key and give you full access to it and it's subkeys. until this is done softwrap cannot continue

runtime error
program...files\ulead systems\ulead photoimpact 10\Iedit.exe
abnormal program termination

I get these error messages every time I open my program. I am using Windows XP. thanks In Advance :)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 5:41 am 
Site Admin

Have you tried contacting the PhotoImpact developers (ULEAD), at http://www.ulead.com/aboutulead/contact.htm ?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 5:46 pm 

It's SOFTWRAP.com and they are absolutely horrible with customer service :( They take hours upon hours to respond, and when they do, they repeat steps I already done. When I contacted ULEAD they told me to contact Softwrap. I guess you have no idea either? :(

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:02 am 
Site Admin

We stopped using Softwrap for our products 2-3 years ago...

Have you tried creating that hkey_current_user\software\softwrap registry key? Make sure you try to run the program through a Windows Administrator account... If you are using Vista, disable the User Account Control (UAC) and try again running the software.

On the other hand, I doubt the error "abnormal program termination" is caused by Softwrap... if you obtained PhotoImpact by downloading it, try to re-download it - to me that error seems to be caused by a corrupted file (it usually happens because of a broken download).

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 7:56 pm 

I don't have any idea how to do that!!!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:21 am 
Site Admin

1. To create that registry entry, see this tutorial about adding entries to the Windows registry: http://www.pc1news.com/videos/create-re ... key-2.html

2. If you are using Vista, here is a tutorial explaining how to disable the User Account Control: http://www.petri.co.il/disable_uac_in_windows_vista.htm

3. I have no idea from where you downloaded the program file and it is not one of our products... so I can't recommend anything on this matter.