Outlook Add-ins

Powerful Outlook Add-ins

Service Support Forum
It is currently Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:37 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Messages not being sent
PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:37 am 

Hello,

I am running Outlook 2007 and Auto Reply Manager 2.0.89.0 on Windows Vista Ultimate 64 bit. I've just purchased the license and am trying to get this to work.

I set it up to respond to messages sent to a test email account and after playing with the settings, got it to work just fine. The only weird thing is, when I received a message on the account, it would take a minute or two to send. I could see the generated message appear in the sent folder, but if I clicked on it, it would disappear and never get sent. If I left it alone, it would send within a minute or two.

Now after I got it working on the test email account, I simply clicked the real email address I wanted to use it with under the "Accounts and Folders Filter" tab. Now when I receive messages, it does not send a response and I cannot figure out why. It works fine on a test account, which is on the same domain as this email address. It's a POP3 account, so I don't understand why its not working. My settings are as follows:

Accounts/folders: (checked)
If message is received through one of the checked accounts (account is checked)

Sender (checked)
Only Once
Process messages through my own Outlook email account

Date and Keywords (checked)
Ignore automated incoming emails identified by these keywords

Rule action (checked)
Reply only to sender/reply to original sender
Set account from which the emails will be sent (same account that this rule runs for)

Message settings (checked)
Include original text

To understand what I am trying to do, I will explain. I will be receiving thousands of emails and I want to send a response to email addresses that I have not sent the response to before. I started downloading messages and it did not send any replies. I need to resolve this quickly. Thank you.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:40 am 
Site Admin

Hi there,

To answer your questions:

1. if the auto-reply message just stays in your Outbox folder and it is not instantly sent (as you wrote, you have to wait 1-2 minutes), most likely your Outlook profile is not configured to send messages immediately. Auto Reply Manager is using whatever options you setup on Outlook, so make sure you configure Outlook to immediately send the outbox emails. To do so, go to your Outlook Tools menu -> Options-> Mail Setup -> make sure the option "Send immediately when connected" is enabled/marked.

2. if the messages to which you want to send auto-replies are not stored in your main Inbox folder (for example, if you setup Outlook rules to move incoming messages to various sub-folders), please edit the auto-reply rule(s) and make sure you specify the exact folder where the program should look for incoming emails.

Hope it helps.