Powerful Outlook Add-ins

Service Support Forum for DS Development Add-ins and Utilities
It is currently Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:43 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: auto reply not working
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 12:46 pm 

I have followed all of the steps, but the auto reply is still not working. might their be something I have to do with the outlook program itself.

What are some example of rules I can used?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 8:57 am 

Hi,

There are no setting that you have to do in Outlook. You just have to create a rule. Rules can be very complex, because the Auto Reply Manager offers you a lot of option. I will post a very simple example, that makes the Auto Reply Manager to response to all the messages that you receive.
Here it is:
1.Click "Edit rules" from the Auto Reply Manager toolbar.
2.Click the "Add" button and when the first window on the wizard appears enter the name of the rule and check the option "Enable this rule"
3.Click "Next", then check all the accounts that are listed in the box "If the message is received trough this account" and the checkbox above it.
4.Click "Next".Check the option "For all incoming mail from the same sender" from the window that appears.
5.Check the option "Process messages from my own Outlook accounts"
6. Click "Next" twice.On the "Rule action" tab, check the option "Reply only to sender"
7. Click "Next" again and, on the last tab, write the message that you want to send in the main textbox.
If you want to edit this rule, you just have to click "Edit rules" again,select the rule that you want and click "Edit", you will have a window with the tabs corresponding to the steps of the wizard.

If you want to respond to this post please use the button at the end of the post. Please do not create another topic.

Best regards.