Powerful Outlook Add-ins

Service Support Forum for DS Development Add-ins and Utilities
It is currently Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:03 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 10:23 pm 

How do you set up a rule to email someone who has just paid you via Paypal invoice.

The problem I have is the recipients email name & address is after the wording

mailto:sendmail@paypal.com on behalf of mailto:joeblogs@hotmail.com

Please help me, I’m running on a trail period but would gladly purchase this program if it can work.

Thank you to anyone that can help me…..
:( :lol:

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 6:11 am 
Site Admin

Hi,

Assuming that you are trying v2 of Auto Reply Manager:

Auto Reply Manager can send the automated replies to the "On hebalf of" email address. All you have to do is to edit your auto-reply rule, go to the Rule Action tab and select the Reply action to be done to the original sender (on hehalf of). This way, when a PayPal email is received, the program will scan it for the email address of the actual sender and it will reply to that address, instead of replying to paypal.

Regards,

--------------
http://www.outlook-apps.com

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 7:04 am 

Hi, Is this what you mean:Image Will this work ok? :lol:

i cant get the image to work direct link to it. http://picspirate.com/img123/img48/31ca ... fb/fgh.JPG

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 8:50 am 
Site Admin

Can you please clarify this part, where exactly is this text located: "mailto:sendmail@paypal.com on behalf of mailto:joeblogs@hotmail.com"? Is it in the email header or in the email body?

If that text is in the email body/content, then you can use Auto Reply Manager as you suggested below, meaning that you have to specify where can the program find the correct email address in the message content.

If that text is located in the email header (so the FROM field looks like: mailto:sendmail@paypal.com on behalf of mailto:joeblogs@hotmail.com), then you have to use the default Reply action which will trigger the auto-reply to the original sender (mailto:joeblogs@hotmail.com).

Regards,

--------------

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 3:26 pm 

It is in the mail header, where you normaly see From: mailto:sendmail@paypal.com on behalf of mailto:joeblogs@mysite.com

If i use this as a default it automaticaly emails paypal not joelbogs.

please ignore the "mail to:" this keeps coming on when i post this topic.

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 7:24 pm 
Site Admin

Ok, then use the default Reply action for the rule. The program will recognize the "on behalf of" header field and it will send the auto reply to the real sender, not to paypal.

--------------

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 7:28 pm 

bogdan wrote:
Ok, then use the default Reply action for the rule. The program will recognize the "on behalf of" header field and it will send the auto reply to the real sender, not to paypal.

OK i Shall try this and wait until someone purchases from me, thank you...

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 6:55 am 
Site Admin

sidneythesnake wrote:
OK i Shall try this and wait until someone purchases from me, thank you...

You're welcome. Please do get back to us, if it doesn't work as planned. We tested on similar situations and it works fine for us (the reply is sent to the correct address).

--------------

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 10:45 am 

It hasn’t worked,

Had an invoice from paypal and it did nothing, I have tried using the rule from another email address that I have, and putting the "on behalf of" in the message, this then works. But not from title as paypal send.

If you have made it to work on paypal invoices, can you post something that will show everyone with instructions and pictures how to set this up. I believe there are a lot of people who want this type of software.

This forum is the only thing out on the web today that shows comprehensive rules in outlook. .Thanks

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 12:44 pm 
Site Admin

If it worked fine on the test email, but it didn't work on the PayPal email, then for sure the problem is that the rule filters didn't match the PayPal message.

For example, if you setup Outlook to automatically move PayPal emails to a special folder, you must add that folder to the rule, otherwise it will skip those messages. Also, the program automatically ignores messages received in the JunkEmail folder (maybe Outlook put the message there by mistake).

I think it would be useless to post a rule sample, because it will not cover all bases and most likely it will create more trouble. Here are some basic tips:
1. if the incoming messages are not received in the default Inbox folder, make sure that you add the folder (where you receive the message) to the Accounts and Folders filter;
2. if you use Outlook as a client for an Exchange server, make sure you mark both the email account and the folder where incoming mails are stored, on the same Accounts and Folders tab;
3. if you setup keywords to exclude certain incoming messages from being processed, make sure these keywords also don't exclude messages that should be processed.

Kind regards,
Bogdan

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 2:20 pm 

The mails go straight in the inbox;

I didn’t want to set more rules to other folders to complicate things, before getting your program to work with the paypal invoices.

It’s a shame that you don’t think it worth posting a basic rule with the “on behalf of” capabilities, I thought it would have been a major selling point for your program.

A step by step instruction how to do this would help a lot of people who would be interested in purchasing this software for the same reason that I am.

PS I have only a few days left running on the trail period.
:(

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 6:34 pm 
Site Admin

From the main Outlook window, go the Auto Reply Manager toolbar area and click on "Show Log": this will open a report showing what auto-replies were sent to which message. Try to locate the PayPal email on that list and let me know its status (green icon for success, red for failure - if it's red, let me know the error message).

The problem has nothing to do with the "on behalf of" address: as I understand from you, no auto-reply was sent back to that PayPal message, correct?

Regards,
Bogdan

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 9:35 pm 

The "on behalf of" rule is not working, in my log file i have two records of green dots , these were from another email address of my own by testing the rule.

The paypal invoices do not work ("on behalf of")

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 8:56 am 
Site Admin

If the PayPal message is not even listed on the log report, then FOR SURE the message did NOT match your auto-reply rule, otherwise it would have a green or red icon.

So, as I stated above, the fact that the message comes from "on behalf of" has nothing to do with the missing auto-reply. Most likely, the message was excepted from your rule, because it did not meet your rule filters.

Can you please detail your auto-reply rule setup? Please feel free to email me at mailto:bogdan@emailaddressmanager.com if you don't wish to post the rule details on the forum.

Regards,
Bogdan