Powerful Outlook Add-ins

Service Support Forum for DS Development Add-ins and Utilities
It is currently Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:58 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 9:04 pm 

What we need to do is reply to an email address listed in the body of the email message. Is this possible? We get leads from a marketing company, and they send us these leads and the person's email address is in the body of the message. There is only 1 email addy in the body. Does this auoresponder have that cability, or can it be customized for to recognize the email address and resond to it with a message we already setup?? If we simply replied to the email from address it would just go back to the marketing company and not our leads.

Thanks in advance!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 4:55 pm 
Site Admin

Hi,

Unfortunately, Auto Reply Manager can only reply to email addresses found in the email header (TO, FROM, CC fields). It would be way too complicated to try and develop a system on which a certain email address from the email body is used as the reply address (there may be more than 1 email address in the body message, like when you have a multi-reply thread).

Regards,
Bogdan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 5:48 pm 

Like I stated before there would be only 1 email address in the body. It's totally possible and should be that hard for someone well versed in SQL I would think.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 9:11 am 
Site Admin

Yes, I get your point, but we can not develop a feature considering only a specific case like yours. So we would need to develop this feature considering all the other alternatives, like I described above. Given the feedback we received from many users, there are way too many/different real-life cases to handle for picking up the reply address from the message body, making it impossible for us to automate this process and still to offer a working solution.

Regards,
Bogdan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:32 pm 

Thanks for the explanation. Take it easy.

-Jeremiah