Powerful Outlook Add-ins

Service Support Forum for DS Development Add-ins and Utilities
It is currently Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:15 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Error Code 0x80040102
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 1:32 am 

When trying to add contacts, I get the following error message:

Failed to Create Contacts. Unable to retreive container content table reference. Error Code 0x80040102.

Win XP Pro SP1
Outlook 2002 SP3
EAC 4.0.55.0

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 7:27 am 
Site Admin

Directly from Outlook, can you please try to add a contact to that Contacts folder and see if it works?

Also, once the contact was added, can you use EAC to extract email addresses from that Contacts folder? Does it work?

What happens if you try to add the contacts to a different contacts folder?

I'm asking because I'm trying to figure out if the contacts folder is corrupted.

Regards,
Bogdan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 1:07 pm 

I have this same issue. It is definitely a fault on the software, hence why I will be doing a chargeback on my credit card.

It is not rocket science extracting a few email addresses to a folder, so why you can not achieve this is amazing!

Steven

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 1:21 pm 
Site Admin

Dear Steven,

fojan's problem was about saving contacts to a folder, not extracting from it.

There can be many cases when it is not possible to export contacts to a folder, via Email Address Collector. For example, if the contacts folder is located on an Exchange server, if it's a shared folder in use by a different user and so on. We simply can not bypass it, because these are Outlook rules.

There are thousands of registered customers. This specific problem was reported to us 2-3 times during the last 4-5 years. Would you call it a "fault on the software"?

Regards,
Bogdan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 1:25 pm 

Bogdan,

I run a large website and purchased your software to help me with marketing and sending bulk emails via outlook.

I notice you have not offered a solution.

I need to take email addresses from outlook express and then have them in a seperate addresses folder via outlook. So the problems are the same, and the error message is the same.

Funnily enough it worked on Saturday the first time I tried it, but not today, rendering my purchase useless at present.

Regards

Steven

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 1:31 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Steven,

It would help a lot if you would email us using the "Contact Service Support" function displayed under the Email Address Collector help menu. I didn't offer a solution because I can not know what is causing this error without further information from you (and it didn't look like you were looking for help, but for a refund).

So, if you want us to assist you on that error, please email us as described above, OR post a reply with the following information:
1. the exact version of Email Address Collector and Outlook Express;
2. you wrote that initally it worked fine. Are you exporting to the same folder as the one which worked fine? Are you trying to export to an Outlook Express or MS Outlook Contacts folder?
3. is it a local contacts folder or a shared folder?

Also, please try to export on these 2 situations: while Outlook is running and when it's not running. Does it make any difference?

Regards,
Bogdan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 1:42 pm 

Bogdan,

I just want the software to work, I have no time for messing around with refunds.

I will try what you say and get back to you.

Thanks

Steven