Powerful Outlook Add-ins

Service Support Forum for DS Development Add-ins and Utilities
It is currently Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:56 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 5:04 pm 
Bogdan,

I typically access my home aol dial up service through the web, when I am at my office. How can I access my outlook express contacts from my home computer while I am at my office. I have Windows XP in both places.

My goal in doing this is to transfer my contacts out of my aol address book and have the all in Outlook Exress so that I can transfer them into the Palm One Zire 31 PDA that I have just ordered.

Thanks,
Carol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 9:33 pm 
Site Admin

Hi Carol,

I am not very familiar with the AOL address book, but I think it is possible to export contacts from AOL as CSV files. If it's indeed possible, then you can later import them in Outlook Express as contacts.

So practically it all depends on the options you have within AOL for exporting the address book. If the exported format is not recognized by Outlook Express, you can use Email Address Collector to extract addresses from your contacts files and to export them to Outlook Express.

A different solution, in order to access your Outlook contacts from your home computer while you are at work, is to have a remote connection from the office computer to your home computer, via the Windows XP terminal services. However, be aware that such a solution, if it's not properly configured, can open the door for curious eyes...

Regards
Bogdan

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:41 am 
Site Admin

Just to add to zlatan24's post and to avoid any confusions, the Recovery Toolbox for Address Book program is NOT freeware.