Powerful Outlook Add-ins

Service Support Forum for DS Development Add-ins and Utilities
It is currently Sun Nov 17, 2019 2:52 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 8:31 pm 
Hi,
I have separate text lists, .txt files, that I want to remove duplicates from WITHOUT mixing the files

So if an email exists in file1.txt, then dupes in file2.txt, file3.txt are removed but the files are not changed or mixed other than for the deletion operation.

Is this possible with your software?

Thanks

2nats AT weblabs.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 9:14 am 
Site Admin

Yes, you can eliminate duplicates from a single txt source file, as long as the input files contain only addresses.

All you have to do is to select the source file (from the Other Mail Sources panel) and choose to extract addresses from it. Email Address Collector will eliminate the duplicates during the extraction process, so the output wll be a clean list that can be saved as a text csv file.

Anyway, I recommend you to download the demo version (see the Download button from the top of this page) and try it for free.

Bogdan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 3:24 am 
key word there is "A" clean list

I need to maintain a master list and sub lists that come form other sources and stay as seperate lists but have been 'cleaned' to not duplicate the master, or other lists

so i can send one msg to master list, and another msg to a sub list without fear of sending the sublist msg to a master list member

see?

can we do that? thx!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 8:28 am 
Site Admin

You practically want to compare and check a sublist for duplicates against a master list. Unfortunately you can't do that, yet, with Email Address Collector. We're working on a new version that will include a tool for doing list operations.

Bogdan