Powerful Outlook Add-ins

Service Support Forum for DS Development Add-ins and Utilities
It is currently Tue Sep 17, 2019 4:17 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 7:51 pm 

Greetings! I'm trying EAC out, and I can see that it launches (I pick "trial" since I want to try it out yet), and then Outlook launches in the background. EAC sips CPU cycles but goes up and down a bit with memory use, as does Outlook. Meanwhile, it has sat here for over 30 minutes with no visible progress or specific indication as to what may be happening. It does not appear hung or anything - just busy doing something. Clue, please?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 8:21 pm 
Site Admin

Very strange, honestly it is the first time we hear about such a behaviour of EAC.

Can you please advise if you are running EAC version 3 or 4? Also, what Outlook version (2000,2002,2003) are you using?

Can you try to launch EAC while Outlook is already running? Does it make any difference? Can you also retry launching EAC after a fresh computer restart?

I would also suggest you to run the Outlook Detect&Repair tool (you can access it from the Outlook Help menu), then to try again with EAC.

Unfortunately, as I wrote above, we never experienced this problem, so I can only guess that something goes wrong when EAC tries to load the Outlook mail profile/folders...

Thanks,
Bogdan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 8:23 pm 

Hi! Running Outlook 2003 and the latest download of EAC. Running Outlook in advance doesn't matter - EAC invokes a second copy of OUTLOOK.EXE in the background. Will try Detect-and-Repair next. Thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 8:31 pm 
Site Admin

Hmm, that is surely not right. EAC should NOT invoke a second instance of Outlook, if Outlook is already running.

Do you have any 3rd party addins installed on Outlook? Any special settings related to Outlook?

I suppose you are running EAC on your local computer, and not remotely or via a Citrix platform.

Regards,
Bogdan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 8:43 pm 

Bingo. Not using Citrix. I only have one third party add-in: SpamBayes, which I would rather not uninstall right now. ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 11:23 pm 

I also have the same problem. After I activated the license, the application starts and hangs in the splash screen running the CPU at 50%.

EAC version 4
Window XP Pro
Outlook 2003 (Already open)

Have installed and reinstalled the EAC several times, not luck.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 9:09 am 
Site Admin

Hi,

Can you please try to open EAC while Outlook is NOT already running?

Also, please advise if you use Outlook with MS Exchange and if you are using any 3rd party Outlook add-ins.

Regards,
Bogdan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 9:17 pm 

I tried with Outlook closed and still the same.
I am running MS Exchange.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 9:25 am 
Site Admin

Please make sure you setup Outlook to always be online on the Exchange server. If Outlook starts in the offline mode, Email Address Collector may not be able to access our mail folders.

Bogdan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 7:47 pm 

Still no luck.
I need help on this soon please.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 5:12 pm 
Site Admin

Hi,

It looks like a MAPI connectivity issue. Please try the following possible solutions:
1. run a Detect & Repair job (from Outlook, go to Help -> Detect & Repair), then try again with EAC;
2. if your Outlook mailbox is password protected or encrypted, please decrypt or remove the password (from the Windows Control Panel -> Mail -> Profiles) from it, then try again with EAC;
3. if your mailbox PST file(s) are not located on your local disk (but they are on an external network drive), please copy them to your local disk, then try again to load EAC;
4. if you have any 3rd party Add-in installed for Outlook, please disable them while trying to load EAC. There shouldn't be any problem to use EAC with 3rd party Outlook add-ins, but you never know...

Regards,
Bogdan

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 2:34 am 

Has this ever been resolved??

I now have the same problem as discussed here. I installed the evaluation version about 2 months ago. All seemed fine. Now when i reinstalled the latest version of EAC 4.0 from your website, the evaluation period expired. So i purchased a license. I entered the license key to activate the software.

But now only the splash screen shows up. Nothing else.

I checked the task manager, and EAC is loaded and uses RAM. But nothing ever happens, even after 3-4 hours.

I uninstalled using the procedure described elsewhere

1) Uninstall the software
2) Delete the software folder under Program Files (it was still there)
3) Go to the following folder: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Shared Documents and delete the following file/folders:
a) Softwrap (Folder)
b) Global.sw2 (File)
4) Reinstall the software
5) Run the software and activate it

NO SUCCESS.

The only thing that might have changed with my settings between the time I installed the evaluation version for the first time and now is that i added an additional mailbox. The original mailbox is still there. So i have 2 inboxes.

Under Outlook Tools - Account Settings - Exchange Server - Change - More Settings - Security: Encrypt data between Outlook and MS Exchange. This box is checked.

By the way, I am using Outlook 2007 on Windows XP-Pro service pack2. I don't see the Detect and Repair option under Outlook Help. It's running off of a Microsoft Exchange server.

Can you help?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 2:17 pm 

Thank you for the email. Yes, it now works totally fine. EXCELLENT!

For others, here is what I had to do in Outlook 2007:

Tools, Account Settings, highlight Exchange Server and click CHANGE, in the next screen click MORE SETTINGS
click on the SECURITY tab
UNCHECK the box 'Encrypt data between MS Outlook and MS Exchange

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 11:37 pm 

I downloaded email address collector today and installed it. However, it hangs in splash screen when I choose the trial version. I looked through this thread and saw others had similar problems, but their solutions are not working for me. My account settings are not set to encrypt.

I am using Outlook 2003 on Windows XP SP2. I have also tried it with Outlook 2007 on Vista. Both hang the same way. In both cases I connect to an Exchange 2003 server over HTTP.

How do I proceed?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:45 am 
Site Admin

1. Please make sure you click on the Try Now button and you do NOT close the try/buy window by clicking on the close window (X) button.
2. Try to start Email Address Collector after you already started Outlook (make sure Outlook is connected to the Exchange server, then start Email Address Collector).

--------------
http://www.outlook-apps.com

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:49 am 

I am doing both of what you suggest. It still hangs.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:31 am 
Site Admin

When Email Address Collector starts, do you get to be prompted to choose an Outlook profile? Or does it hang before choosing a profile?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 6:27 pm 

As per your suggestion I launch Outlook first and connect to the Exchange server. So when I launch Address Collector I don't get prompted for the Exchange login.

But I think I have also tried launching Address Collector first, in which case I first get prompted to login to an Exchange profile when I select Try Now. It hangs after I type in my password.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 12:07 pm 
Site Admin

Yes, that is correct: if Outlook is not already running, EAC should ask you to choose a profile.

Do you use any 3rd party security tools that might prevent EAC from loading your mailbox data? Do you keep your mailbox files encrypted?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 10:42 pm 

I have followed all steps including disabling Xobni. I purchased w/o trying first. I hangs. I thought it didn't work. It does, it just takes *SPAM*.

I guess it has to do with the connection/communication with the server.