Powerful Outlook Add-ins

Service Support Forum for DS Development Add-ins and Utilities
It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:14 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 8:46 pm 

Hi

On starting Email Address Collector 3.2 it crashes on startup.
I’m using Windows XP SP2 and Microsoft Outlook 2002 SP3.
It’s prompts to use a profile, I select a profile and then it crashes.

This is the full registered version I’ve purchased.

See attached screenshots.

Regards

Andrew

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 8:54 am 
Site Admin

When asked to select a profile, please make sure you select your default (functional) profile which should be the same one as the one you are using for Outlook/Outlook Express. If you are not sure about your profile name, you can manage profiles from the Windows Control Panel (Mail -> Show Profiles). You may have selected a profile that is not properly configured on your computer.

Also, the error can be caused by Outlook corrupted libraries. Please use the Outlook Detect & Repair tool to check for problems - you can find it under the Outlook help menu (Detect & Repair).

Just in case, make sure you have the latest Office 2002 updates installed on your computer: you can check & install updates through the Outlook help meun (Check for Updates).

Regards,
Bogdan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 10:22 am 

Thanks for your prompt reply.

1. The profile in view is the normal profile I use and is not corrupted or setup incorrectly. I have setup new profiles, and none of the profiles I select work correctly they all cause the application to crash, some quicker than others.

2. I have used the Outlook Detect and Repair function, it made no difference the application still crashes.

3. I have just updated Office 2002, and it download four security updates, these have been applied, no further updates are available.

Can you fix the problem for me, after having purchased the product, I've not had a chance to use it yet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 10:34 am 
Site Admin

Please tell me what programs you are running when the error occurs (antivirus, firewall etc)?
Also have you tried to uninstall Email Address Collector and reinstall it? To uninstall Email Address Collector run the uninstall setup from the installation folder of the Windows Start Menu.

We are sorry for this inconvenience and we will do our best to help you solve this problem ASAP.