Powerful Outlook Add-ins

Service Support Forum for DS Development Add-ins and Utilities
It is currently Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:15 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 3:14 pm 

Hi Dan:

Two questions:

I am a little perplexed as to why when I create a new scenario, it isn't there the next time I activate Easy Mail Merge. How can I make these scenarios permanently available?

Why can't I cut text from another document and paste it into the Scenario Editor and vice versa?

Kind regards,

Nick

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 10:15 am 

Hello Nick,

When you start another session with Easy Mail Merge, you cannot see the scenarios created in the past because they belong to the other session. If you want, you can open a session from a previous one and use the scenarios created there.

Regarding your second problem, we are sorry for this inconvenience. We will take it under consideration.

Best regards.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 2:48 pm 

Hi Andra:

How do you "open a session from a previous one and use the scenarios created there"? When I go to the drop-down menu, I don't have the option to open a previous session. Am I missing something; how do I get to a previous session?

Nick

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:35 am 

Hi Nick,

You can open a previous session from the wizard. When you start a new Easy Mail Merge Session, you have to select the source from where the contacts will be imported. There you have to select Previous Session.
I'm not sure this will help you, as it will import the contacts that you have used in the previous session( you cannot add any other contacts, just eliminate) along with the text of the email with the scenarios. During this session you can modify and delete scenarios from the text of the email, or add new ones.
You cannot use them outside the session. I'm sorry if I wasn't clear the first time.
In the drop-down list from the Easy Mail Merge toolbar are listed the fields that can be inserted to personalize each mail according to the whom it will be sent. It does not list scenarios.

Best regards.